Completely nullify the alt rule for event-DPs and make them not allowed whatsoever.

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions Archive' started by Bard, Dec 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bard

Bard Active Member

IGN:
    Audibility
    Now listen hear me out, those with alts are probably thinking "woah woah woah" but hold your horses kiddo.

Why?
    -It gives all players an equal chance to win a head or whatever it is Noobcrew is having being dropped.
    -Some people cannot afford alts, making it feel like a pay-to-win situation

And honestly do what you want with your alts, but it really ruins the experience of a DP (especially the christmas one) when alt after alt wins things.

before you no support this because this affects you negatively, look at it from my perspective. if theres any other reasoning, go right ahead with it.

• No Support No Support x 5
    • Support Support x 1
  2. lowfps10

lowfps10 Active Member

IGN:
    lowfps10
    No support

Many people use alts to grind mobs or run afk farms. Making them not allowed will just make people mad.

Instead, make it so every ip has an equal chance of getting a head, no matter how many alts are on.

3. Bard

Bard Active Member

IGN:
    Audibility
    That wouldnt matter if there are multiple instances of the same IP on.
    And this wouldnt cause many problems as a dp isnt really longer than an hour.

4. Marcy

Marcy Apostlé of Falcons Premium

IGN:
    Marcawn
    Neutral,

Someone with 7 accounts won a halloween head, I think it would be better if 2 accounts were allowed.

5. BostonNerdism

BostonNerdism Well-Known Member Premium

IGN:
    BostonNerdism
    i have two accounts and have one a pumpkin head and santa head both on the main account when dp happen

6. Splat1221

Splat1221 Active Member

IGN:
    SplatBerry
    Agreed with BillOP, No support. Its fair for someone to have an alt at a DP.

7. 52Phenomenon

52Phenomenon Super Moderator Super Moderator Events Manager

IGN:
    52Phenomenon
    To me, there is no problem with allowing one alt, people just them for a variety of different things and completely disallowing them altogether may have a negative impact and cause more of a problem.

Also: siblings. It is common for siblings to genuinely play together and it's unfair to them.

8. milcerine

milcerine Well-Known Member

52 brings up a very good point. My sibling never plays, but my boyfriend and I play from the same IP every so often. It would be unfair to siblings. I do agree that restricting alts would make the drop parties more fair, but I don't believe they should be removed altogether. Obviously, someone having 10 accounts is not fair in the slightest, but getting rid of them altogether is also unfair. I think there is a solution to this, but I don't think this is it.
    At this moment, I'm neutral.

9. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

Drop parties are hard to keep fair. The more you restrict, the more people will bypass in more creative ways and get more sneaky. Having a no alts rule will make people bypass this and cause more unfairness. It is difficult to explain but at the end of the day people will take advantage any way they can regardless of what measures you put in place.

10. FatalDisaster

FatalDisaster Hollywood's Bleeding

IGN:
    FatalDisaster
    If I remember correctly, there was a point where Cyp tried to implement a no alt rule but everyone complained because siblings could not play at the same time which is why you are now allowed 3 accounts on at the same time, so I am saying no support because we have already tried this idea and it did not work.

11. BostonNerdism

IGN:
    BostonNerdism
    what he really should do is make everyone actually go to one spot like spawn or something , to be able to get the drops etc , would make some things easier and also not split between servers either its just more work for him , also if we are at spawn , our islands will be unloaded mostly so the lag will be better than 2 tps like it was this past drop , i understand the backside of minecraft server related stuff so most of this will go over your heads lol

12. milcerine

milcerine Well-Known Member

First off, I don't think it's fair to say that this will go over our heads. There are other people here that may be informed. But yes, I agree that this could be a possible solution. However, in my experience the lag is still an issue. 300+ players in one small area still causes lag. Especially as someone who plays on a semi-slow computer, I know this wouldn't be a solution for me. To be honest, I don't think there's any solution the the whole alt discussion. People will be upset either way.

13. FatalDisaster

IGN:
    FatalDisaster
    Cyp also did this for a drop party once because the drop party plug-in was broken. The lag was horrendous, one person got all 25 heads that he dropped, and the server crashed so many times. I'd never go to any drop parties if we had to do that.

14. AdamCakezor

AdamCakezor Well-Known Member

IGN:
    AFVpyr
    I Just say we should only allowed 3 Accounts logged in at the same time on the Same IP should be allowed.

15. BostonNerdism

IGN:
    BostonNerdism
    yea but im sure the plugin has been fixed since then so it can be done the right way and also its on a newer server , it was moved this summer

16. FatalDisaster

IGN:
    FatalDisaster
    Yes the plugin has been fixed so there is no need to do it again. The server might be newer but the lag is still there. The TPS went below 2.0 during the Christmas drop party aswell so there's that

17. Leeeroieee

Leeeroieee Well-Known Member Premium

IGN:
    Leeeroieee
    Bard, to make sure I understand your suggestion, can you please clarify what you consider an alt to be and how it can be identified as such?

18. Bard

Bard Active Member

IGN:
    Audibility
    Thank you for asking about clarification. An alt in this case would be like an account for a shop, grinder, or something that isnt exactly used for gameplay. They can normally be identified within the name.

19. Leeeroieee

Leeeroieee Well-Known Member Premium

IGN:
    Leeeroieee
    Would two siblings with dissimilar usernames connecting under the same IP address be considered alts?

20. Bard

Bard Active Member

IGN:
    Audibility
    In this case no, but unfortunately im not sure how youd do that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.