Skyblock Clear Lag Warning

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions' started by Tog, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Tog

Tog atpoaim Discord Moderator Premium Premium Premium Premium

IGN:
    Togpuss
    I’m sure others can relate to losing some amazing items as a result to clear lag. While it warns you in the chat 3 times, I feel it is not often enough and should be made more clear sometimes. I thought a setting could exist where you can toggle a more clear message to happen so that the warning fills your screen - not just a small barely noticeable section in he chat. An alarm would also be helpful for this so that player should afk (map art excavationers for example) can turn their pc volume up, and not miss out on collecting their materials.

• Support Support x 2
    • Neutral Neutral x 2
    • No Support No Support x 2
  2. AUH20L

AUH20L Member

I second partial approval of this...

NO to popups that block your view,

YES to an audible warning that players can enable/disable under /settings - anything else would get annoying

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
  3. ebagcoder

ebagcoder Member

IGN:
    Ebagcoder
    I dont think its the best idea because if you are doing something important and text comes on your screen you could die. I also don't think adding sounds is the best idea either because it could make players life harder. I think everyone should just pay attention to chat. It says when clear lag is going to happen. It even sends many messages about it. I also don't think having an audible warning is the best idea either. I've lost many items to clear lag and i know it was happening. I've lost millions worth of items from this and this was no1s fault but mine. Before you toss any important items scroll up thought chat to see when clear lag is. Its that easy.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Haberson

Haberson Active Member

IGN:
    Haberson
    I am ok with the current amount of messages but do think its a great idea for us to have a command to query when the next clear lag would be so we know.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. AUH20L

AUH20L Member

Who in their right mind "tosses important items" ... this is about items that drop ...
    My chat doesn't scroll far enough, and I don't have time to scroll up every time a mob triggers the 'fight or flight response' in order to decide which I'm going for.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. AUH20L

AUH20L Member

Ok then ... (this should probably be a new thread) what about some way for the server to move the entities to a storage facility that gets refreshed on the following 'lag clear' command, rather than deleting them each time ... that way anyone who's lost important items has a few minutes to go there and retrieve them. It' wouldn't be simple to implement, but it might work...

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Tog

IGN:
    Togpuss
    I stated in the thread in clear detail hat it would be a command that set it so not everyone would have it if the didn’t want it. Please read threads more clearly in future. In addition to this, it’s easy to add, and would not make people fall into the void... especially if it was map artists using it as they usually have /fly, /god, and large areas of island land. Also it would be meant for richer people which are generally the people which own Skylord, skygod, skytitan, or donor rank as they would probably make more expensive trades.

8. Tog

IGN:
    Togpuss
    If you can make a thread like that, lemme know and I’ll tag it onto this chat.

9. NorthYYY

NorthYYY Active Member

Maybe they can just make the clear lag message stand out more like obfuscated on the sides or something like this or maybe a setting for what you are talking about Togpuss like for clag warnings on screen

10. LadyAnkie

LadyAnkie Active Member

IGN:
    LadyAnkie
    maybe just make the clearlag message with a bigger font? so it stands out? cause it gives you plenty warning its just easy to overlook when you are busy building or sorting stuff.

11. Lz

Lz Well-Known Member

I find this should only be implemented if:

1. The large warning covering the screen is "off" by default
    2. Both the clearlag messages in chat and the large clearlag message which you suggest are able to be toggled. This would also make sense for the "Information" notifications by [Skyblock] should this be implemented.

Otherwise it would be too much for most players.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Pancake

Pancake syrup x Moderator Premium

IGN:
    GangstaPancake
    I personally believe that, although the warning might be quite sudden. Often for me it is enough for me to pick up any valuable items that have been dropped. No support

13. Brake

Brake Experienced Member

I like the idea of clearlag being more visible, possibly a notification on screen could be ideal. This notification could be toggled with /togglecl or something.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Blyx

Blyx Senior Member

IGN:
    Blyx_
    Neutral.

I was thinking about this recently whilst being annoyed that clearlag always seems to strike when it’s least convenient.

However, I don’t think it’s too much of a problem, as long as you keep an eye on chat -the current warnings are clear enough, and even change colour the closer it gets to clearing entities.

You just need to be aware of when you should stop farming or mining and collect up any dropped items you’ve missed to prevent wastage.

I do agree though that a noise alerting the player to the fact clearlag is approaching may be useful if they’re tabbed out and have items they haven’t collected. Although, this one instance is rather niche...

15. Tog

IGN:
    Togpuss
    Bump. I understand this is a feature in TrauPho's mod. Several other people are making other threads regarding this.