Classic is broken

Discussion in 'Help Archive' started by _SaikiK_, Sep 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _SaikiK_

_SaikiK_ Active Member

So when I'm connecting to main skyblock (skyblock.net) then I mainly want to use 1.14.4. I can connect to skyblock.net without much issue. Then I also want to go to /classic and collect my classic kits. But when doing that, I get a loading screen and eventually get kicked. I cannot reconnect to skyblock.net without first joining with 1.8 and typing /skyblock in the chat.

Another issue is that I would like to join to classic with c.skyblock.net and to "normal" skyblock with skyblock.net. But both of those addresses do exactly the same. It connects me to the server I was on previously.

2. PCcoolguy100

PCcoolguy100 Senior Member

IGN:
    PCcoolguy100
    basically, you cant really join to classic with a client that’s over 1.13, as the timeout period was shortened (classic’s on 1.8).

With c.skyblock.net you can join and type /classic, and the next time you join to c.skyblock.net you should get tped to classic, while skyblock.net or skyblock.com connects you to survival.

Hope this clears a few things up :)

3. _SaikiK_

_SaikiK_ Active Member

But why not? I can join to main skyblock from 1.8 - 1.14.4. And I'm pretty sure I already was on classic with 1.13+. I can join with 1.14.4 to other servers using ViaVersion.
    That's a neat trick, thank you.

4. PCcoolguy100

PCcoolguy100 Senior Member

IGN:
    PCcoolguy100
    You’re still able to join with a higher client (i shouldn’t say you’re not able to) but it’s a lot harder for some reason. The last time I tried with 1.14 it took me 5 minutes after reconnecting a few times

5. _SaikiK_

_SaikiK_ Active Member

That really sucks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.