Cheshrawr (ChibiBerry) | Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by Cheshrawr, Aug 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheshrawr

Cheshrawr Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Welcome to my moderator application~ I've finally came back from my long break and active once again and now applying for moderator (full or trial). I'm Cheshrawr or aka ChibiBerry which most of you know. I've been on the server and been playing Minecraft and .net since 2013 but have been on org since early February this year. I consider myself to be the original art shop skyblock has had and I feel like that art is a place where I belong in this community. Before we get started I'd just like to state that this was originally wrote in Italian then translated into english and that yes this is pretty much the same application as my last one and I've tweaked it a little to things which are no longer relevant and added additional things. So lets go~

≯In game name:
    My in game name is Cheshrawr, my old username before changing it was ChibiBerry and Cheshire_Roxas. My alt which is BerryChibi.

≯Time zone:
    I live in Australia, which I think is UTC+10:00. I'm not good with time zones or time in general so, sorry if I get this wrong, I'm pretty sure in my originally moderator application I got this wrong too.

≯Languages I speak:
    I can speak English and Italian because I was originally born in Italy then come to Australia when I was young. I can't switch between English to Italian or vice versa, so basically I either speak Italian all day or English all day, it’s a huge struggle for me to switch between the two since I get massive headaches which can get so extreme I can pass out. When it comes to writing in bulk though I usually write in Italian then translate it to english.

≯Have I ever been banned:
    I've never done anything to risk being banned and I never will.

≯2FA Verification enabled:
    Yes I do.

≯Do you have the necessary means of capturing evidence?:
    I have Gyazo installed, both image and gif verison, also I know how to upload screenshots outside of using forums.

≯How long can you be active on the server everyday:
    Since I do online courses I'm not as bothered with school as I was last time I applied.
    Keep in mind my timezone is Australian~
    Monday: 12am - 4am

Tuesday: 12am - 4am
    Wednesday: 2pm - 4am
    Thursday: 2pm - 4am
    Friday: 12am - 4am
    Saturday: 6pm - 4am
    Sunday: 12am - 4am

≯Why I was demoted:

I'll be going off that post that Stel and Quietus' report is the reason for my demotion like Quietus stated and will be going off that. The Report

I was demoted for abusing my powers and giving out unfair banning/punishments, I believe I was given three chances. I have learned my lesson after reading the report.

Offense one: Profile Pictures
    Regarding Profile Pictures When I on the staff team we agreed that using other peoples profile pictures could be used as a form of harassment. Numerous of people were banned for this by me and other moderators.
    I still believe that this is a good thing to enforce, the way I went about it is wrong however.

These two offenses come across as me being biased due to both of these events have inclusion to myself.
    Offense Two: Personal information set as someone signature.
    I told a player something about myself which I didn't tell every player and told them that I'd rather letting a few people know. This person however was meant to be permban for their next offense after being given so many chances. I was told by another moderator who usually deals with this persons cases to permban him for this situation, but we decided to give him a smaller ban of a month because it wasn't that serious.
    My intention here was to stop a way of harassment before it even spread. I imagined someone else being in the situation of having very personal information- then someone setting it as their signature and information tab. No moderator can remove this besides a Forums Admin/Admin. If used with ill will, signatures/information tabs can seriously harm someone. The way I dealt with it with the other player, giving him a week ban on forums- was dealt with poorly. They had no reason for a long ban and should of been at least 3 days- but surely less. The situation was dealt with badly and I've learned from this.

Offense Three: Account Usernames.
    An account was banned by me due to their username mocking mine. I understand that Noobcrew had a situation similar to this having an account named "F___Noobcrew", which was banned then personally unbanned by Noob himself, but in this situation I thought that it fell under Rule 13: Don't use Inappropriate Skins, Names or Builds. My health aside, I didn't want this becoming a way of harassment against other players and think that all people who use usernames to harass another player should be banned but looking back at this situation now, I should have dealt with this differently, my goal was to stop this form of harassment before it became a popular thing to do but the situation was dealt poorly.

In all three situations my goal was to stop a form of harassment. And I believe that I have stopped a bit of it, and I'm happy about that. But I believe the last two were biased punishments and dealt poorly.
    ≯Why I should be re-promoted:
    Now~ I wanna just start off by saying that I love being a moderator. I want to be a moderator again, Full or Trial, not for the power but because a lot of people on org still consider me a moderator regardless of not having the rank, they still put their trust in me regardless of my demotion.

I enjoy helping people and when I see them grow into the community and be a regular it really just makes me happy, in the long run being a moderator makes me happy.

I want to give back to the community which accepted me very openly. After feeling like skyblock wasn't a place for me after 3ish years, moving to org and asking to be transferred- everyone accepted me there... I haven't felt at home for a long time, and I want to protect that. I already do however- but still.

A lot of my reasons to become a moderator still can be found in my other applications, and looking back on them- I still feel the same after the years. I don't really want to copy those points because well... despite majority of this application being copied from my previous one- This is the one part that should be different and not be repeated in my eyes.

≯Past experience:
    Well as we all know, I was a trial moderator on this server for 7-8 months. I was also a Full moderator on org for a few months. I've also been an admin on 6 other servers, a head-moderator on four others, and a trial helper on 12 other servers. Although majority of the servers are little and the owners closed them down for money or time issues since the servers are lucky to get 10 people on a day, others have a few 100 or 1000 players. Either way the scale of these servers have helped my confidence and learning commands.
    ≯What I will try to improve on:
    Activeness:
    For the net players who may be reading this and remember when I was a moderator on there- I was extremely inactive. I'd like to say that this is no longer an issue and that on org I am very active. But I would like to cover this topic to inform most people of reasons why I will be inactive at times.
    Like I said in my last application, Cyp is aware of what is going on in my life relating to my illnesses. I'm as open as a book if you wish to know about it.

Also due to my health reasons during the seasons of summer In Australia or the hotter weather (Oct - Feb) there is a chance I will be less active since my health drops quite a lot. But I will be coming on as much as I feel like I can handle.

Do my research on suggestions:
    Even though I don't make many suggestions anymore, a thing with me is that I act before I speak when it comes to suggestions. The suggestions I make are either:
    Already been suggested by other people. Already in place and I didn't know about it. Impossible.
    Spelling.
    As we all know my spelling can be terrible, I constantly say "/cant spell" after saying words. This is something I really need to improve on and I'm trying my best to get better at spelling but it is hard since English is a really difficult language. I'm improving on this by having my boyfriend and friends correct me whenever I'm wrong and have a few 'spelling bee's.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

≯Do you meet the requirements for staff?
    Certainly.
    You can find out more about me by
    ¤ Check out my Profile. ¤ My FAQ. ¤ My Art shop ChibiBerryArtsu. ¤ Message Me ¤ Also here is my Deviant Art Account ¤ My Tumblr ¤

Thank you for taking the time to read my moderator application.
    Support, feedback and friendly criticize is very much appreciated. 。◕‿◕。

• Support Support x 14
    • No Support No Support x 11
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
  2. Ecstaxi

Ecstaxi Active Member

I am neutral for right now. My mind cannot think.

I like you app. cuz it's very organise.

Also you have experience of being a mod so you will be very suitable. I am changing this to SUPPORT

3. Flaming_LN2

Flaming_LN2 Active Member

A: Second (so close ;-; )
    B: Support (100%)
    C: you've shown in the past you've a lot of skills in this area, especially keeping the peace. the only issue then was your inactive-ness (from what i saw) but, as i have also seen, you've spent a lot more time on

HOWEVER
    the main reason you were inactive in the past was because of your illnesses, i dont think any of us want you to feel obliged to be a mod as we all call you one, especially if this will be a determent to your health

Good luck chibi ^^

4. Krissy

Krissy hyyh Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

Sorry, no support for now. You left and you took a break so you need to actually get right back into the community.

But more importantly as a staff you did not handle pressure, you overacted to many situations and you did not listen well. This is how you were demoted before and no where in your app do you say you will be correcting these issues.
    You always had an excuse for not being active; especially all your computer related issues. Fixed or not this did not make you the most reliable mod.
    Now you know there are players who will be relentless and I cannot foresee you being able to handle them properly which will only end in more drama.
    I cannot fault your dedication but I think you need to play regularly as a player and prove you can handle the crap people dish out before you can be a mod again so we don't have a repeat of what happened.

5. Gundham

Gundham Well-Known Member

I'm jealous of how organised it is. This makes my OCD feel happy. Anyway, support! You were an awesome moderator before, and you are one of the many mods that I miss!

6. Ethaninc

Ethaninc Well-Known Member

SUPPORT!!! pls be mod again :D

7. Legi

Legi Active Member

Ayy support

8. Nena

Nena Experienced Member

no support for now, sorry.

i just didn't really like some of your decisions/actions in moderating.

9. MusicCentral

MusicCentral Well-Known Member

IGN:
    MusicCentral
    No Support

I think you're a really nice person, but you didn't respond to criticism well, it seemed to upset you too much, and as a mod you need thick skin.

10. poggers

poggers Senior Member

No support. You were biased and could not handle being under pressure. You were way too inactive and almost careless with your account. I didn't like the way you moderated and found that you punished people for very small things and never really punished your friends.

Adding on:
    You were demoted twice. Once for letting someone on your account, which you did again after being repromoted on org.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
  11. anna

anna Well-Known Member

I can't see myself supporting. I don't like repeating stuff that's already said on an application, but don't work well under pressure. Not to mention you're not that active, I mean like, you just came back. How're we supposed to know you'll be active? Also, you're always constantly complaining about your computer, you had to go inactive a couple times during your time as a moderator because of it. You're not going to be very reliable.

And not to be rude, but I didn't like the way you moderated. It felt like you punished people unfairly, but hey, that's just me. Good luck, though.

12. Vintage

Vintage Senior Member

no support

13. Queen

Queen Guest

What does "I believe that I'm gay so LBGT so an example is" mean? Please fix this up? Re-read your application through so it makes sense

14. EquineShanghai

EquineShanghai Experienced Member

IGN:
    EquineShanghai
    neutral.

I love you as a person. Though I don't know if Moderator will be the best choice for you as of today. As Krissy said, working on pressure will be necessary, other than that, I believe you can do it.

15. corn doggo

corn doggo Experienced Member

You've had your chances.

16. RocketOG

RocketOG Guest

Sorry chib ;-:

17. Cheshrawr

Cheshrawr Well-Known Member

Still kinda don't know because so many people who have reliable sources have told me different things.

As for pressure issue- This is more of a statement for the few who are just saying what you did,
    You are one of the few people I can understand that coming from. I agree with you saying that stand point because you knew what was going on behind the scenes e-e half of the people are just copying what you're saying at this point XD

As for activity- I was one of the most active moderators on org. You're basing me off from when I was on net... Don't think thats fair XD

And yes I know I need to get more involved in the community :) Just wanted to apply for the sake of having it there, I was going to apply before my break and have my application still up but I decided against it

18. Queen

Queen Guest

I recommend you also reply to the disagrees.

19. eunice

eunice epiphany Premium

Full Support

20. skizzors

skizzors Active Member

I've seen you getting more and more active again recently.
    However, with this level of activity at the moment, you should not become a mod.
    I definitely think you should be re-promoted, but please become more active in the meantime.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.