Changing Color Privileges and Server Messages

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions Archive' started by Mindame, Jul 26, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mindame

Mindame Active Member

There is just way too much color in chat. Both server messages and player messages are just filled with way too much color. This makes chat hard to read and also eye-straining. I suggest making the server messages have the colored [Skyblock], [Mobarena], etc. prefixes but no colored texts except for commands. I also propose that color privileges should belong to D50+ accounts and, if possible, limited to 3 color changes per text.

• No Support No Support x 8
    • Support Support x 1
  2. MrABGold

MrABGold Active Member

IGN:
    MrABGold
    No support. In my opinion, the Skyknight rank isn’t that amazing. Granted, it’s better than non-donor but the only pretty good things that skyknights have is colour chat and a coloured name. Making it to skylord just doesn’t seem right to me. Any Skyknights correct me if you have any other things but as far as I remember (not that far tbh) the kit was pointless too. I honestly don’t think chat is even that colourful. People now know what colours go well and what colours don’t. People don’t do rainbows anymore (unless my name and prefix counts) because they are difficult to read and people’s adverts still need to stand out. I really don’t view this as a problem. So sorry but it’s a no support from me.

3. Frez

Frez Shark Super Moderator Premium

IGN:
    frezology
    No support. I think that letting everyone use colour is fair cause not everyone has a spare 20£ to get a rank. Also by letting us use whatever colours we want and how many colours we can use let's us express ourselves and stand out that's why many of us play minecraft

4. 52Phenomenon

52Phenomenon Super Moderator Super Moderator Events Manager

IGN:
    52Phenomenon
    No support, I think it's fine to have colour text as a perk of the ranks that they are right now, I don't see a problem with the colour in chat really.

5. laini

laini Ma'am Premium

IGN:
    Prxcto
    No support, I think paying $25 is enough to be able to use chat colours.

6. Blyx

Blyx Senior Member

IGN:
    Blyx_
    No support. I don't personally find colour annoying. Other methods of trying to be seen are worse...

7. Wardalicious

Wardalicious Well-Known Member Premium

IGN:
    Wardalicious
    I wouldn’t mind restrictions on the color use. It can be confusing trying to distinguish thoughts in chat. And so many colors can get flustering, since they are often used in extreme excess.

However, I can pretty much guarantee you that this will never happen. Chat is one of the biggest money makers. Color chat is amazing, and something many people want, some even more then nicks. Restricting it, could hurt buying ranks on the server. So, it’s not worth the risk to restrict it.

8. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    No support. If you want to restrict colors and let donor50/Skylord+ only allowed to use them it might be a bad idea... Because the lower ranks Skyknight and Skyking barely have some perks and commands and having color chat removed from them would make the ranks even more "useless" to buy. And no support to having 3 colors maximum per text as it would really be annoying for us.

9. MrABGold

MrABGold Active Member

IGN:
    MrABGold
    Yeah like that annoying L()()K thing. Nothing is worse than L()()K

10. Jarl-Penguin

Jarl-Penguin Active Member

IGN:
    Jarl_Penguin
    No support, I agree with MrABGold. Why would you spend $50 for just color chat, if you can literally buy (with 4 more dollars) 2 Minecraft accounts?

11. Gamzee24

Gamzee24 Loner Premium

IGN:
    Gamzee2448
    Hahah no.
    Agree with everyone above.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.