Change "Island farming" to "/newisland abuse"

Discussion in 'Forums Suggestions' started by lowfps10, May 28, 2019.

1. lowfps10

lowfps10 Active Member

IGN:
    lowfps10
    Island farming could easily be confused for making farms on island. While "/ni replace abuse" isn't perfectly specific either, at least it is a lot more specific and makes it clear what command it is associated with.

• No Support No Support x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Support Support x 2
    • Neutral Neutral x 1
  2. Monster_Sparklez

Monster_Sparklez Yee yee Bubba Premium Premium

IGN:
    Monster_Sparkles
    Neutral it’s not really confusing when explained. When island farming is associated with the topic of selling dirt every time I see this come up in chat it is always explained very well. People might get confused on /ni replace abuse and think it’s just rapidly doing /ni replace even though their not island farming.

Island farming is the perfect name for it in my opinion and shouldn’t need to be changed

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. lowfps10

lowfps10 Active Member

IGN:
    lowfps10
    *not perfect. While I respect your opinion on the name change, there is no such thing as perfect. There will always be players that assume it means making farms. I've heard this being an issue in the past, people said the name is confusing and misleading.

It's not as bad as thinking you're not allowed to build farms on your island.

So is "/ni replace abuse"

Last edited: May 28, 2019
  4. Teeler

Teeler i am kenough

IGN:
    TeelerSwift69
    I'd shorten it down to "newisland abuse", with a quick explanation

5. WotzWotz

WotzWotz Active Member

IGN:
    Henry6927
    why not just "ni abuse" or "island abuse" (Island abuse could be confusing tho)

6. lowfps10

lowfps10 Active Member

IGN:
    lowfps10
    Yeah I was thinking that at first, but there is a command called /newisland , so I wasn't so sure, but I think it makes the name easier to say.

7. ItsRed

ItsRed Well-Known Member

IGN:
    HeyItsRed
    No Support it just isnt necessary you can just explain to people of yeah it means saving resources from previous islands to benifit you later

8. 52Phenomenon

52Phenomenon Super Moderator Super Moderator Events Manager

IGN:
    52Phenomenon
    Neutral

I always saw players getting confused with the term “island farming” and it made them worried that they couldn’t farm wheat, etc. If there was a good way to rephrase I’d like that, but I think “/ni abuse” is also quite confusing because it could make players think that they can’t restart.

I don’t think this would be the right way to reword it, but if there was an easy-to-understand term I would like that. I think it’s quite hard though, I can’t really think of one that’s completely confusion free

• Agree Agree x 1