Can there be a new option in /settings for whither and creeper damage?

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions Archive' started by Yolo_Beast, Sep 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yolo_Beast

Yolo_Beast Member

IGN:
    Yolo_Beast
    I want whiters/creepers to explode PaRt of my island under controlled circumstances (obsidian etc.) so im proposing to have an option like "allow mobs damage your island" option or something.

• No Support No Support x 1
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
  2. Monster_Sparklez

Monster_Sparklez Yee yee Bubba Premium Premium

IGN:
    Monster_Sparkles
    Obvious no support if you enabled it people next to you can send the wither to your island and grief the whole thing

3. Yolo_Beast

Yolo_Beast Member

IGN:
    Yolo_Beast
    O I didn't realise everyone could get to everyone else in the nether. but if this was the case, could they do something that stops mobs going through nether portals (like the option to stop players coming through your own nether portal)?

4. Monster_Sparklez

IGN:
    Monster_Sparkles
    The nether has nothing to do with this lol, What I’m saying is you can spawn them next to your neighbor’s island and if they have it enabled then the wither can go across the border and grief the whole island, I don’t think it would be easy to just prevent them from crossing the island border

5. Yolo_Beast

Yolo_Beast Member

IGN:
    Yolo_Beast
    O right, I never realised everyone was in one world. But cant they enable it for creepers?

6. Monster_Sparklez

IGN:
    Monster_Sparkles
    its just not worth it people can exploit it really easy like people could launch creepers over to the next island and grief that way it can be used for duping ect

7. Yolo_Beast

Yolo_Beast Member

IGN:
    Yolo_Beast
    then y not put huge invis walls on every island? that would fix everything. and also, cant people lauch tnt as well? I don't see that as a problem.

8. lilCupcakeFreak

lilCupcakeFreak Well-Known Member Discord Moderator

IGN:
    lilcupcakefreak
    But tnt doesn't explode. I think having anything that can explode or damage blocks would cause so much trouble. Both for griefing and for lag.

9. Yolo_Beast

Yolo_Beast Member

IGN:
    Yolo_Beast
    I didn't realise tnt didn't explode (what is it used for then XD) . But it would be nice to still have the option (like there is the option for breaking blocks and opening chests even though they are hardly used) as some might want it (like me), and also, if you do select it, unless you also select the placing blocks option to be true, it is kinda useless to other people, so i still think it isn't such a bad idea.

10. lilCupcakeFreak

IGN:
    lilcupcakefreak
    Partly yes, but exploding blocks could also be used for farms. Even though the droprate of blocks when exploded in 1.12 isn't 100% people could still use them as a way to afk farm stone, and with a good stone gen even with a bad droprate on exploding I feel like the amount of blocks that would end up dropping will cause a huge amount of lag

11. Yolo_Beast

Yolo_Beast Member

IGN:
    Yolo_Beast
    wouldn't the lag proof thing (idk what its called) remove all of those fallen blocks?

12. lilCupcakeFreak

IGN:
    lilcupcakefreak
    You mean clear lag? Yes, but not right away. And for clear lag to reach limit it's going to take a while too. It might not be a big problem if 1 person did it, but let's say 10 people have something exploding blocks at the same time, you will end up with clear lag's limit (i think it's 1024) in notime. wich will make breaking anything worth of value (spawners, gold iron etc) for other players very risky aswell because a few people are exploding blocks that aren't that expensive

13. Yolo_Beast

Yolo_Beast Member

IGN:
    Yolo_Beast
    Looking at all the disadvantages listed above, I accept that this is a bad idea, and would like someone to archive this please.

52Phenomenon Michael Kerahna BertBerry

14. 52Phenomenon

52Phenomenon Super Moderator Super Moderator Events Manager

IGN:
    52Phenomenon
    Thread locked on request.
    If you disagree to this action, please report this post, and a moderator or administrator will reconsider it.

Kind regards,
    The Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.