NA Bunny's Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by iballisticbunny6, Jul 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iballisticbunny6

iballisticbunny6 Senior Member

IGN:
    SkyDwag
    Hello, everyone. Before I begin I would like to give you a little introduction about myself. I've been apart of the community since about February of 2014 and I have loved seeing the server grow into what it is today. I am going into high school this year as a freshman and I have a small group of close friends.
    Your in-game name: My IGN is iballisticbunny6, but you will most likely find me nicked as BallisticBunny or iBallisticBunny.
    What time zone are you in? I am in the Central Time Zone (UTC -06:00).
    What country do you live in? I live in the United States of America.
    What languages do you speak? I am fluent in English and I understand basic Spanish. I am also going to be taking Spanish 1 throughout the whole year.
    Do you have 2FA enabled? Yes.
    Do you have the necessary means of capturing evidence? (i.e. recording software, screenshots, etc) Yes, I have F2, Gyazo, and Bandicam.

Why do you think you should become a mod? I would like to be a mod because I love helping people and my life goal is to just help as much as I can to make a positive impact on the world. I also think that I could be of assistance in moderating my time zone.

Patient: I am very aware that there are some people on the server that go out of their way to be annoying. I have dealt with some of these people and I do not lose my cool easily.

Community Spokesperson: Whenever someone new joins the server or just plain in general, I am a pretty friendly person. I don't really see a reason to be rude or hostile toward people since that affects everyone around you.

Reliable: I've been on this server for a long time. If someone asks me to help them catch a scammer or help watch the chat, you can be sure that I try my hardest to do just that. For example, I help moderate the chat in my timezone for a certain amount of time until the next moderator comes on for their shift.

Active: Whenever I get on skyblock, I'm usually there for quite a while. For the past summer, I have been extremely active in my timezone and I have continued to be active even though school has started.

Impartial: Now this is a very important trait when it comes to moderating. When I am dealing with someone in a situation, I treat them just as I do everyone else.

Logical: Living in the house that I live in, I have learned that being logical is a very useful skill. In a rough situation, it is up to you, to decide what the most logical action/response should be. I have dealt with multiple situations in-game where logic and common sense have come about and used my ability to my advantage.

How long can you be active on the server everyday?
    Summer:

Pretty much anytime from 1PM-2AM, but I'm mainly on in the later hours of the night. During this time I am usually on from anywhere between 1 1/2 hours to 4 hours.
    School Year:
    During the seasons that I play sports (Fall and Spring), my hours will be much later than any other time. These hours will be about 6pm-10pm, with more activity on weekends.
    As for when I'm not playing sports, I will be around at about 4pm-10pm.
    For school days, I will probably be on for a total time of about 2 hours. As for weekends, I am usually on for about 3-4 hours.

How long have you been playing Skyblock? I have been playing Skyblock on and off for about 3 1/2 years.
    Have you ever been banned in the past? (Forums & In-game) I have once when I first joined Skyblock. [iballisticbunny6] Bridging [iPod] | Skyblock Forums

Do you have any past experience as a moderator? I don't have any experience as a moderator, but I do have experience in leadership. I am usually the leader in group projects.

Do you meet the requirements for staff? Yes.

• Support Support x 23
    • No Support No Support x 5
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
  2. Lycel

Lycel Senior Member

IGN:
    Lycel
    1st Support.
    On the application:
    You've done very well to fill in the questions correctly and concisely. I'm personally not a huge fan of the 'traits' system of saying why you're a good moderator, but it's up to you what you want to do. If you do want to keep that system, know that you need to pinpoint the traits that truly highlight why you stand out amongst the crowd of applicants. Don't list 'typist' which you're 'okay at' - firstly, your typing speed is fairly inconsequential, and secondly, you've basically said you're not that good. Focus on what you are good at. Highlight, elaborate and argue about your best qualities. Also, perhaps elaborate in your leadership skills in the experience section.
    As well as this, I'd probably mention as a short note in your ban section that it happened 3 years ago.
    On the applicant:
    You're a pretty promising applicant. You're active on the forums and I do see you in-game now and then. You're a pretty mature and reasonable person, and you have the right temperament, from what I can tell so far, to be a moderator. You're an American, which won't help your chances, but if you're good enough you'll be promoted anyway.
    I personally believe that if you keep trying to be a moderator, you'll find yourself promoted in no time.
    Good luck!

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  3. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    Supppppppppport nooo im 2nd xd

4. Wolfie

Wolfie Well-Known Member

Support. You're a very kind and friendly person, just like a moderator should be. I see you online very frequently and you're very mature. You know the appropriate times to joke around, and when to be serious. The only thing you need to improve on is helping out. I see you helping every now and then, but you have to help a tad more. I wish you the best of luck!! :)

5. 52Phenomenon

52Phenomenon Super Moderator Super Moderator Events Manager

IGN:
    52Phenomenon
    You're active on forums, but when I see you in game (not much, that is due to time zones however) you aren't talking in chat very much, or helping. For that reason, I'll say
    Neutral. Good luck! :)

6. Desired Nam3

Desired Nam3 Active Member

IGN:
    Desired_nam3
    support very active and a very well wrote application just help a bit more :D! good luck!

7. iballisticbunny6

IGN:
    SkyDwag
    Thank you all for your constructive feedback and your stance on your support to me. I will work on helping people more in-game.

8. poggers

poggers Senior Member

Neutral, good luck.

9. Bherryblossom

Bherryblossom Well-Known Member

Support! I see you online in game and on forums all the time, and you are always helping people out. Good luck!

10. iballisticbunny6

IGN:
    SkyDwag
    Thank you, I hope to gain your support soon.
    Thank you, both.
    benji Conservative AbdulSamad Could you please explain your reasoning for not supporting? Thank you.

11. Xethorias

Xethorias Senior Member

IGN:
    Xethorias
    Neutral -- I believe you could be a good moderator as long as you don't end up like Emerald xD Pingu. If you're willing to be on the server for a maximum of 1 hour a day and you can help people (instead of ignoring people like me, most mods ignore me) then I believe you'll be great.

12. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    well just to tell you. She is camping or something so she logs on in minechat these few days. From what Ive been informed she will return home and play on the computer hopefully today or tomorrow :)

13. iballisticbunny6

IGN:
    SkyDwag
    This is true. Recently I have been staying at some friends houses and going to a state fair. I usually spend a decent amount of time on minechat and discord a day. The only thing is that minechat can be really finicky when trying to connect.

14. TVFilthyFrank

TVFilthyFrank Active Member

Support, you seem very active and helpful. The application is well written as well!

15. Zack

Zack Anonymous Premium

No support I barely see you in game. When I do you're just mini modding. So for that reason no support

16. Teeler

Teeler i am kenough

IGN:
    TeelerSwift69
    LOL

Support

17. iballisticbunny6

IGN:
    SkyDwag
    Thank you, both.
    I'm sorry that you see it that way and I respect your opinion, but I happen to barely see you in-game well. As for mini-modding, I try only to do it in PM most of the time since I don't like flooding the chat.

18. IllegalWiFi

IllegalWiFi Guest

This is what I like.
    Neutral, I feel like you need to get more active as I've only started to notice you online since last week (maybe two weeks ago?).

19. Megacrusher4200

Megacrusher4200 Well-Known Member

to iballisticbunny6 : I have seen you on quite a few times. You Seem worthy enough for the staff position, so good luck. Support.

20. iballisticbunny6

IGN:
    SkyDwag
    Thank you Mini!

Also, I have added a few more "traits" and added a brief story to my experience.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.