Bugs and Exploits Section

Discussion in 'Discussions Archive' started by Agent, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Agent

Agent not really an agent Premium

IGN:
    Agentyy
    It was brought to my attention that players have been replying to bugs and exploits that are in hide saying "Support" or "No support". If you cannot see the post, don't bother replying. Bugs and exploits is a section for players to list any bugs or exploits they find in-game. If you didn't post the thread, don't bother replying.

It's really tedious for moderators to deal with fights that can occur because of this. Yes, it's a moderators duty it help, but we can't fix everything. But we can try our best.

To avoid fights, just don't bother replying to those threads. Even if you're to tag Tanner, don't bother doing it. The starter of the thread can tag Tanner or even private message him if it's that important.

"I find normal players posting in the section unneeded. Most of the bugs are in hidden content, so it's not really there for their eyes. It's for staff's. We don't need people post farming with off-topic posts, which is just more for us to moderate. And a load of people claim that they know what the issue is and it should be fixed when they comment. I find that unnecessary. If a thread is posted, we know the issue exists. We don't need people restating that several times just for post count. I would make the section private."

**Do not post in bugs and exploits section unless you
    1) Know exactly what they're talking about
    2) Are a moderator or a part of the staff team**

2. Crystal

Crystal Well-Known Member

I find normal players posting in the section unneeded. Most of the bugs are in hidden content, so it's not really there for their eyes. It's for staff's. We don't need people post farming with off-topic posts, which is just more for us to moderate. And a load of people claim that they know what the issue is and it should be fixed when they comment. I find that unnecessary. If a thread is posted, we know the issue exists. We don't need people restating that several times just for post count. I would make the section private.

3. Agent

IGN:
    Agentyy
    You still crack me up in the worst situations, sir :^)

Thank you for that :)

4. athyrix

athyrix Senior Member Premium

Sorta true, nice one here. Hopefully (if players follow this) this will help the staff.

5. Marc

Marc Senior Member

IGN:
    marcuwu
  6. MrStealYourGirl

MrStealYourGirl Experienced Member

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by staff members**

7. Agent

IGN:
    Agentyy
    Exactly. This thread is a reminder and that is an offence that will occur if they do this many times.

8. FatalDisaster

FatalDisaster Guest

I completely agree. There was absolutely no need for what happened to happen. Hopefully this is a nice, friendly reminder to those people who post on that section for the post counts.

9. Emerald

Emerald Senior Member

IGN:
    TheEpicEmerald
    I don't know why someone would post in the bugs/exploits section just to get post counts. If the player thinks they know what the person is talking about, they should have a right to post in that section. Not knowing exactly what they mean, can lead to off topic conversations.

Nice thread.

10. Crystal

Crystal Well-Known Member

Even if someone knows what the bug is, there is no reason to post there.

11. Agent

IGN:
    Agentyy
    Thank you for the compliment on my thread, Emerald.
    I hope you both made up as that was a silly thing to disagree about.
    This sounds a little hypocritical after what just happened, but continue.
    Not exactly as they don't fully know what's going on. For example, if Dough reported something about getting trapped inside a block that freezes your game and puts it in hide, Nightcat can't go and comment saying it's about cats taking over the world because the title is 'Game freezing bug'.
    This goes along with that too ^^
    Which is why you shouldn't comment overall

Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
  12. Emerald

Emerald Senior Member

IGN:
    TheEpicEmerald
    If we shouldn't post it there, why isn't the section staff only then?

13. Agent

IGN:
    Agentyy
    How would players be able to post threads then ;)

14. Emerald

Emerald Senior Member

IGN:
    TheEpicEmerald
    We can post threads in report and that is only a staff only section. We can just make it so staff can view bugs and reports, and there can be a bugs/exploits archive :)

15. Agent

IGN:
    Agentyy
    Feel free to suggest it, my friend.

16. EquineShanghai

EquineShanghai Experienced Member

IGN:
    EquineShanghai
    helpful thread to obnoxious people or people who don't know rules. good job :)

17. poggers

poggers Senior Member

Wait? Is this a real rule now? Did Cyp implement this?
    Also, people should be allowed to comment if they know the bug and how to fix it ex: "My cobblestone generator isn't working, how do I fix it?"

18. Agent

IGN:
    Agentyy
    It's not a rule, but there's no need to do it as it makes no sense. If they said their cobblestone generator wasn't working, it would be moved to help.

19. poggers

poggers Senior Member

I don't see why this was posted then if it's not a rule. Cyp has never said we are not allowed to post in that section.
    Anyways, if there is a bug or exploit that people know the answer to and know how to fix it, they should be able to post. But if it's just hidden content, only mods should post.

20. Agent

IGN:
    Agentyy
    It was posted because players have been saying something completely off topic to the post that was in hidden content.
    They're allowed to post if there's no hidden content and then know how to solve it. If it's in hidden content, there's no reason for them to post.