Implemented Buckets. Make them tradeable?

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions Archive' started by athyrix, Oct 24, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. athyrix

athyrix Senior Member Premium

Hey! You may remember me from these two threads below on the topic of allowing sand to become tradeable. If you haven't already seen the threads here they are:

Wider access to sand [must read! ;)] | Skyblock Forums
    Legalise Sand (sounds crazy but it’s not) | Skyblock Forums

Why should buckets become legal?
    The same reasoning for sand can be used for buckets, in fact, there's a stronger reasoning to support the legalisation of buckets than sand, if you think about it. Players always ask what should they do when they lose their lava, players cannot give buckets or lava buckets to help these new players replenish their items. You could easily argue that if you gave them 3 iron they could craft it, obviously but it's just easier when items are not illegal as it confuses people less. Dirt should remain illegal because there is a large quantity of dirt, and island farming would thrive. However, if you think about it, buckets are only present once in the start of a new island. It's useless to island farm for the sake of buckets, and iron is so common these days it's just not worth the effort. It's a lot easier to donate lava buckets to players too, or buckets of water!

tldr: there are so many buckets in the economy after being crafted with iron, island farming buckets would be a waste of time as iron is worth not a lot these days either. it's helpful for new players. :)

• Support Support x 42
    • Neutral Neutral x 1
  2. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    Full support. Would really love giving buckets to newbies hehe. Maybe also so that players can be able to sell lava buckets as most newbies don't know you can buy an obsidian and right click it with a bucket to get lava

3. boba

boba modern manifesto Premium

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    Support, sand is legal and you get three on a starter island (except hardcore) and there’s only 1 bucket in the chest... so why not legalize buckets too. Dirt should remain illegal for its reason.

4. Moee

Moee Well-Known Member

IGN:
    moearnings
    Full Support, I hate having so many buckets and having to craft new ones each time i lose my old ones. Being able to sell them would help

5. Adriansop

Adriansop Moderator Moderator

IGN:
    Adriansop
    I have hundreds of buckets I don't know what to do with. Being allowed to give them to those who need it helps them and myself, support.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
  6. Wardalicious

Wardalicious Well-Known Member Premium

IGN:
    Wardalicious
    Completely agree.

There is no reason for them to be illegal anymore. there are plenty of fail-safes in place, to protect island farming, and bucket are so insignificant, that they won't hurt the economy, at all.

7. eunice

eunice epiphany Premium

support, reasons all stated above. buckets r simply not worth the effort for island farming and it'd be super helpful to be able to donate a bucket :)

8. athyrix

Wow! Thank you everyone for supporting this. Was expecting a bit of controversy but I am glad we all are on the same page!

9. Slybudda

Slybudda THE GOAT Premium

IGN:
    Slybudda
    I support this, bucket trade being banned is lowkey annoying to have to keep informing people about the /rules behind it, and it makes the lives of new players easier:thumbsup:

10. Mai

Mai serendipity Discord Moderator Premium Premium

Big support. If something like sand can be legalized to trade, then there should be no issues with buckets.

11. badpeteno

badpeteno Well-Known Member

IGN:
    BadPeteNo
    Full support. This is in alignment with changes to sand. You don't farm an island to get one bucket to help a noob.

12. heyits62

heyits62 Active Member

IGN:
    I definitely support this, for all the reasons stated above :)

13. Choco Orange

Choco Orange Active Member

Full Support. I have loads of buckets I rarely use sat doing nothing but I am loathe to give away iron.

14. Flip

Flip Member

IGN:
    FlipKing068
    Neutral. I think its an alright idea and another way to get some extra grass but I also think its quite cool to have those items that are illegal to trade as it adds some interest to the game in some ways.

15. badpeteno

badpeteno Well-Known Member

IGN:
    BadPeteNo
    Bumping this. If I had 3 iron for every time a player asked for a bucket instead of my current iron, I would take a significant loss.

Seriously. It's 3 iron. I won't even ask for a price on less than a stack...
    EDIT: I won't as for a price for less than a stack of blocks. 3 iron is worth like 1 sand... which is legal.

Math:
    My island today has 6749 iron blocks placed. This doesn't count pistons and other things iron turn into like plates and tripwire. That's 105.5 stacks of blocks plus another 20 stacks in reserve. That's 72.2k ingots or 24.1k buckets.

Meanwhile, we got 3-4 noobs a day that need a bucket. The time I spend answering them is about 5 minutes. I consider this time far more valuable than 3 ingots of iron.

In conclusion, it's more expensive for buckets to be illegal.

Here's an idea... Why not put an NBT tag on starter buckets and just make THOSE illegal?
    Throw a noob a bucket?

16. athyrix

Thank you everyone for the support!

I feel like rather than creating interest to the game, it creates a lot of confusion. New people do not understand why a simple item such as a bucket, craftable with 3 iron which is not rare in the economy would be illegal. Plus you could argue there's more community engagement as people donate their buckets to new players!

Would just be easier to legalise all buckets though!

17. Pancake

Pancake syrup x Moderator Premium

IGN:
    GangstaPancake
    100% support! Being the only reason that buckets are illegal for trade is island farming, as many people have listed before myself, buckets just aren't worth island farming for. It is so much easier to buy some iron and craft buckets then waste time island farming. All reasons stated before myself are also valid reasons for my support!

18. Justin

Justin - Premium Premium

I’m bumping this bc i’m getting rid of my mapart island and now I have 300+ buckets with no purpose. If I could just give them away to new players who lost theirs that would be great lol

19. Marcy

Marcy Apostlé of Falcons Premium

IGN:
    Marcawn
    Mark is going to give a big 100% support for this, there's reasons why Mark needs buckets legal and it's a shame that it's a illegal item to trade but there's only one bucket on one island.

Mark's main reason is because lots of players are asking for buckets which is illegal, but Mark is looking forward to help them out but it's extremely hard to do so with this rule.

We need this done.

20. athyrix

Woah kind of forgot about this one but the amount of support is insane! :support:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.