Economy Boss's Guide to Farms on Economy: Sugar Cane farming

Discussion in 'Player Guides' started by BossOfAll98, Jan 18, 2023.

1. BossOfAll98

BossOfAll98 Active Member

IGN:
    BossOfAll98
    As explained in my previous post, I'm going to make a guide on the farms for skyblock economy. See the rules in the introduction post if you don't understand why I put some of the stuff I wrote. Note, these farms are from my perspective in terms of effectiveness, so results may vary based on the player.

Sugar Cane Farm:
    • Sell price: $32.64

• Average price to set up: $800 (Per dirt block) to $140,000 (per chunk)

• Return rate: Average

• Details on farm: Given enough space, this farm can turn a profit kind of fast, and means that players are never short on food if combined with other foodstuffs.

• Auto, Semi-auto or Manual: Auto, Crop Hopper, Pistons & Observers

• Crop Hopper compatible: Yes

• Crop Hopper Level: Lvl 1 at least

• Positives: Sugar cane can grow surprisingly fast if given a large enough space, and is incredibly easy to harvest; versatile food source for pumpkin pies, and cakes, and can be combined with a spider eye and a brown mushroom to make a fermented spider eye for various harmful potions; no light source required for it to grow. Can grow on sand, dirt, or grass, no replanting required

• Negatives: Requires a constant water source to be right next to it, or it won’t grow, can only grow on sand, dirt or grass; 1 water source requires per sugar cane planted; water may need to be covered, or given a light source so it doesn't freeze and ruin that section of the sugar cane farm

• Tier level: Satisfactory

• Final thoughts: Though sugarcane requires no light for it to grow, the constant water source near it can be rather annoying to put down at first. But, the quick growth of sugar cane in a chunk when combined with more sugarcane means you’ll be getting money in no time. A great starter farm for new players