Implemented Boss's Economy-beta test tester notes from 19/02/2023 to 21/02/2023

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions Archive' started by BossOfAll98, Feb 19, 2023.

1. BossOfAll98

BossOfAll98 Active Member

IGN:
    BossOfAll98
    So, after some testing on the server, I can safely conclude that there are a few bugs that need to be fixed so far. But, there are also a few good things I've found so far. To be clear, I'll list the good that I like, vs the things that need to be fixed asap.

The Bad (Bugs I noticed)
    • Crop hoppers don't auto harvest whatever crops are listed on them, and instead function like normal hoppers
    • You can't remove signs from the chest shop that a player (you) put up initially, making it almost impossible to get the stuff from inside the chests themselves.
    • Players can't use a player-made chest shop, stating 'Player not found', even when they're online
    • The clear lag message (WARNING! Ground items will be removed in xx seconds) isn't shown, making it difficult to know when you'll lose any dropped item
    • Magma blocks and soul sand produce a particle effect for a water source area, but they don't seem to make a player go up, or down, when in the water
    • There seems to be an 'event limit' , that seems to affect the water if it has a magma block or soul sand block in it, and is triggered very easily.
    • Animals, like pigs, seem to have no AI to move, period. It makes any tripwire farm all but useless, unless someone manually goes in to fix the issue

The Good
    • You can see how much money you have, and how many votes have been made before a vote party begins
    • The number of challenges you've completed can be seen on the side menu
    • Voter keys actually have key tiers...which get better the longer you've been on
    • The '/shop' seems to be greatly improved in terms of being able to find items you want

The In-between:
    • Wandering Trader trades are alright...if you have enough of the item they want to trade with... though it is a roll of the dice how good the stuff you can sell to them is
    • if a player is that worried about their island level (even though its only cosmetic and for bragging rights), you can see that too
    • Islands are save files from January-March, making it difficult to get your island back to the way it was before.
    • While the '/shop' is improved, its missing items like Blackstone, and Netherrite, as well as a few other blocks found in the nether. I know its a beta test, but maybe they could be added, and Netherrite could be made $1,000 more expensive than buying a diamond
    • Players can enter the Nether dimension easily, but they can't go back to the overworld whatsoever, requiring them to either type /home or /is

Personal notes:

• Mushroom growth rate is terrible, making it harder to farm them. Maybe that could be increased slightly come the new update?
    • Maybe make it so that gold blocks as well as Netherrite can't be mined in the nether...and you won't be able to trade with Piglins either. That could become easily exploitable
    • 5 tickets for $2,500 seems a bit much...but, I suppose it could encourage players to spend their money a little more wisely

Last edited: Feb 20, 2023
  2. AdamCakezor

AdamCakezor Well-Known Member

IGN:
    AFVpyr

You should also say on which beta this is on. as we currently have 2 running, And me and megan's tried the player-owned shops (on survival skyblock). and they seem to be running fine apart from the redstone hopper toggle thing which might be affected due to the redstone adjustment which was added.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2023
  3. BossOfAll98

BossOfAll98 Active Member

IGN:
    BossOfAll98
    The title literally reads 'Boss's ECONOMY beta test...' so... I mean, I did put that in the title of this post

4. Dexuby

Dexuby Active Member

IGN:
    Dexuby
    Thanks for your feedback,

- Crop hoppers work as intended, they just instantly sell the items they collect now.
    - If this was an issue it has been fixed.
    - If this was an issue it has been fixed.
    - The server isn't using ClearLag anymore.
    - Magma blocks/soul sand works fine, keep in mind that you need real water sources not just a single stream.
    - Only affects liquids that are actively flowing.
    - The AI system has been adjusted to fix this however it might change again in the future.