CAN BobaLatte's Staff Application <3

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Boba <3, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Boba <3

Boba <3 Active Member

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    - BobaLatte's Staff Application -
    Hey guys! Before I begin my application, I'd like to thank all of you for taking the time to read this! I've edited my application, removed unnecessary information and going to just keep this application short and simple.

A Brief Introduction:

Hi there, I'm Boba! Hope you're enjoying your day. I am 14 (almost) and I'm applying for staff. My reason to apply is to be more helpful & be more into our community. As I previously said, I've edited my whole application and I hope it's informative enough. Thank you all!

Application Format:

Your in-game name:

BobaLatte, known as Boba.

What time zone are you in?

I'm in the EDT (GMT-5)

What country do you live in?

Ontario, Canada.

What languages do you speak?

Fluent English, Fluent French, Fluent Urdu, Basic Hindi.

Do you have 2FA enabled? Yes/No

Yes I do on all of accounts (Forums, Minecraft and Discord)

Do you have the necessary means of capturing evidence? (i.e. recording software, screenshots, etc)

MacBooks come with QuickTime Player, a really good recording device. F2 is good for screenshots and I can easily access them.

How long can you be active on the server everyday?

The times may vary in the morning and evening but I will be able to play the afternoon.

How long have you been playing Skyblock?

19 months and counting.

Have you ever been banned in the past? (Forums & In-game)

No Bans on Forums or In-Game.

Do you have any previous moderation experience?

I have. On a small server which didn't end up going as planned.

Do you meet the requirements for staff? Yes/No

Yes I do, I have 50+ post counts, 2FA activated, 2 weeks+ on Forums and have Discord.

Discord Name and Number:

My Discord is: Boba <3#1911.

Please note that there is another BobaLatte on the Skyblock Discord Server, which is not me.

Why do you think you should become a staff member?

The following paragraphs explain about my traits which I believe are suitable.

Helpful and Knowledgable:
    As an experience Skyblock Player, I know how Skyblock is, what are the rules, and how to help players. I help around with player questions, simple guidance or how to build certain things. I always try my best to help players, new or old, with whatever they need. Answering a simple question or helping out explaining our rules is a great trait a staff should have.

Fast and Active:

If anyone is ever has a question or is in a problem, I always rush to help. It's not like I purposely go to show that I'm helping, it's just a habit developed in me. I can quickly type and answer player questions or quickly report anything happening such as, a player breaking the rules. I am also active everyday and not always AFK unless I need to do a simple chore or when I need to pray.

Professional and Organized:

I know when to be professional and when to be funny. I like to keep my work professional and not fool around. I am also organized. I know how neatly handle matters and how to approach someone properly. As a helper, you will need to be serious and insightful.

Trustworthy and Honest:

Being honest means to not lie, that can be lying to hide something you've done or another person has done. As an honest person, that will never happen. You can always trust me because I do not intend to break the rules, grief people and lie or generally break my trust. As a staff member, you need to build trust since you don't know what could happen.

Approchable and Understanding:

I know how it feels when a staff approaches you. You feel scared, like you've done something, despite the fact you know you didn't. I want to be seen as someone who you can talk to as a friend, not someone who may intimidate you. I'm also someone who will understand you. If you're sad, I will try to make you happy. I always hope that we can play in a positive environment, keeping the negativity away. As a staff member, I will make sure that we keep our chat clean, positive, joyful and warm-hearted!

Thank you so much for reading my application! If there are any more questions, feel free to ask! I've taken all of your advices and have implemented them. If you don't feel so, I'm sorry. I'm also hopping on Survival a bit more so it may look like I'm offline, but I'm not. I am also contactable on all platforms.

Thank you all very much for reading my updated application! <3

• Neutral Neutral x 13
    • Support Support x 12
    • No Support No Support x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2020 at 7:59 PM
  2. iKaai

iKaai What?

IGN:
    iKaai
    Sorry no support, this application, while informative, is very long and a bit ott, a lot of unnecessary information is within it and a lot of the things like:
    Are pretty cringeworthy and not really professional. Which leads me onto my next point: maturity.
    I see you sometimes in game and you seem pretty mature on there while on forums your maturity is somewhat lacking in my opinion. Also I don’t think seeing a staff member plastering ‘you need to play on eco more’ on 90% of staff apps is a good thing to see.
    Good luck

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. PCcoolguy100 (aka phr33z)

PCcoolguy100 (aka phr33z) Personal Computer Premium

IGN:
    phr33z
    Tip: Write an application the same way you'd write a resume.

Same with what Kai said - your maturity and professionality is lacking to be honest.

I'll be neutral for now, may change later for the better or worse. I'm not a Economy player but the few times I've come on Eco you were either AFK, not online or not helping - three things we don't want staff to be.

Also colourful, a little too colourful if I say so myself. Also if you're going to use colours, please stick to the scheme and don't change it three times, my eyes don't wanna hurt :(

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. DinglesplatBerry

DinglesplatBerry Active Member Premium

IGN:
    DingleBerry14
    You may wanna put the "Can" Tag on your application since you are canadian

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Togpuss

Togpuss STAY Premium Premium Premium

IGN:
    Togpuss
    Hey Boba, nice to see you are applying for staff again.
    I'm going to go with neutral for now I think. I agree with Kai that there are some irrelevant and unnecessary parts of your application; specifically "Activity In-Game and Discord-". Remember: quality over quantity.
    I also noticed a couple of quite immature comments on your application such as "poop break:poop: (I like this emoji)" and "I have friends too ( I think :()" A staff application should be taken very seriously and jokes should not be included, or should at least be limited. It's nice to see that you have a sense of humour, but this characteristic should not be reflected on an important document.
    Best of luck, I will come back to this application when I change my mind. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. iballisticbunny6

iballisticbunny6 Helper Staff Member

Helper
    IGN:
    iballisticbunny6
    Hello Boba!

I’m going to go with neutral for now. Your ingame activity seems to be pretty good, considering whenever I pop on economy (which has been a few times) you’re always there. You also seem to be starting to make a presence on the forums here, which is good. Discord I honestly have the opinion that as long as you are reachable and respond quickly to a ping, and you talk in chat helping once in a while, you’re good.

As for the application, I’m going to side with PC from his previous statement. Try to cut out the fluff from your application to make it more concise. You have some good traits and statements in there, it’s just wordy and long and sometimes strays from the real purpose.

good luck!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Boba <3

Boba <3 Active Member

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    I’m re-quoting these posts to avoid having too many posts and keeping it limited and organized. :)

Thank you for your reply. Can you please elaborate on what’s unnecessary? Can you also provide information on when I have been immature. I also reply with the ‘play on Eco more often’ is because we really don’t need more Survival staff. Many people agree with the fact Economy deserves more staff. Bdark is a Econ Staff but he’s a firefighter, so he has a lot to do. Also Bert, thank you for your rating. Can you just please lmk why and with a short reply. Thanks! Thank you Kai.

Thank you so much for replying. I actually said that I'm probably AFK but not for very long, I'm online from 10am-6Pm EDT with breaks in between and it may occur that there isn't any help needed when you've seen me online. Sorry for the colours, I will minimize that too.

Yea, did that. <3

Thank you so much Tog for replying. I agree with both you and Kai about extra unnecessary information and I’ve removed things that seemed unnecessary. About the maturity, it may seem like I’m not mature because of the emojis and “jokes” but that’s not me. To assure that, I’ve removed them since they are not reflecting my maturity. Thank you!

Thank you so much for your reply! I’ve made the application more formal by removing the unnecessary things like emojis and “jokes”. If there is any specific things that you think are unnecessary, just quote them and I’ll remove them. I’m going to look my resume once more and remove all extras and keep it very professional! Thanks!

Last edited: Aug 13, 2020 at 12:44 PM
  8. Frez_Lucifer

Frez_Lucifer Kayaking Devil Premium

IGN:
    Lucifer_evil
    Hey Boba, its awesome that you have made this ap! However for now I am sticking to neutral. Please bare in mind that I do not want anything on this to ruin our friendship because I think that you are an awesome player and an even better friend.
    Firstly, I would like to see you help out in chat a bit more. Granted we are different timezones so I may not see you all the time you are playing but I do not see you help out a lot. Some improvement into this would help a lot.
    Next, I don't particually know how to say this without sounding kinda rude so please don't take offence <3 . You are very obsessive in chat. You like to point out any little bit of filter bypass which can be kinda annoying for anyone trying to read the conversation as it moves too quickly (by this I mean people putting "omfg" or smt, please continue to report any really serious filter bypasses if you get what I mean). Furthermore, when you announce that you are back, telling us once is enough, if we want to reply we will but we may be busy, we don't really need to be told a further 1-4 times that you are indeed back :D :p .
    Finally, the extremely bright colours on your app are quite off-putting, sorry. I had to put sunglasses on to read it lmao <3
    I wish you the best of luck with your application, and hope that this doesn't alter our friend ship in anyway <3 :p:smilingimp:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Boba <3

Boba <3 Active Member

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    Thank you Frez for replying. Obviously our friendship will maintain the same. Nothing will ruin it, I'm not going to be rude to anyone who gives me neutral or no support. I will take your advice and be more helpful in chat and I will agree that I kind of get too obsessed with chat and the bypass. I would like to remind players that no need to swear or be disrespectful. I don't usually say anything to players using abbreviations since those are allowed and hence I also used "lmao" in chat sometimes. About the "webba", I will actually stop that because even I think people get annoyed and I also do realizing I could be annoying. I actually changed the color. It actually was hurting my eyes too (I'm so sorry about it guys), just made it one colour. Thank you for your feedback, I will put in my effort to avoid these things. :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Justin :)

Justin :) <3 Premium

IGN:
    JustinHealy
    Support, I have gotten to know Boba a lot from being in his coop a little while back. He is kind and loves to help others. I also agree with the statement that we need more economy helpers/moderators. Maybe some more activity on discord. : ) Best of luck <3

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Boba <3

Boba <3 Active Member

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    Wow! My first support! Thank you so much Justin. I will do my best on getting more active on Discord and talk a bit more on there.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. BabyYoda777

BabyYoda777 Active Member

IGN:
    Yodabearmaster
    Ok, heres my two cense. Since the server is mainly skyblock dominated, it is hard to be a eco helper, which leads me to my second point. I would love to see you on more on skyblock, although there are already many applying for helper that come from skyblock, being on both server shows me/everyone your commitment to the whole server rather than just eco. If I see you get closer with the skyblock community, I'll go on eco to check you out as well.

For right now imma have to stick with neutral

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Boba <3

Boba <3 Active Member

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    Hey, thanks for replying! I will definitely start hopping on Skyblock. It’s just that since Eco is my main server, I don’t have as much to do on Survival. But I will definitely come on, hope to see you!

14. WhatsUpDoc

WhatsUpDoc Eh What's Up Doc? Premium

IGN:
    WhatsUpDoc
    support, boba your a very nice person and I see you helping out in chat lots of the time and saying what trades are right and wrong, you can type fast too which is also a good quality, your also very approachable and fun to talk to. One thing I hope though is that you don't quit as soon as coronavirus is over.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Pillow

Pillow Active Member

IGN:
    Pilberry
    Why did you put [Eco (.org)] in the title seeing as all staff are global.

16. RaimonBerry

RaimonBerry Member

IGN:
    RaimonBerry
    Support 100% i enter sometimes on eco and when someone asks somethisg... you every time help I support ;)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Boba <3

Boba <3 Active Member

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    Thank you very much for this Doc! I will not quit at all! I will be staying even after the COVID-19 pandemic ends (which hopefully happens soon). <3
    I put in Eco to show that I am applying to be a specialized Economy Helper and be there for most of the time. If that isn't good, I can remove it.
    Hi Raimon! Thank you so much for the support. I've seen you many times and we've spoken a bit and I hope we can get to know each other a lot more! :D

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Mai

Mai serendipity Premium

Firstly, I would like to just say you're an extremely nice person. You've helped me and countless others and that is something I admire. You are most definitely active, I don't think anyone can deny that really. I'm not too sure about /skyblock, but as you mainly play economy, I do see you on there all the time.

With that being said, I will be neutral for now. There are certain things I think you can work on, like the way you handle situations, etc. and I think I need to see how you act as an applicant before making a solid decision.

Overall though, you've been pretty chill and nice so far so keep it up.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  19. Boba <3

Boba <3 Active Member

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    Thank you for replying Mai! I will work on what you said and I will improve. :D <3
    Question, if you can tell me why you've given me a no support?

20. Bossgamer

Bossgamer Super Moderator Staff Member

Super Moderator
    IGN:
    Bossyy
    Hey Boba. I don’t really give ratings (support, neutral, no support) unless I’m 100% confident on my judgement, so I’m just going to give you a small bit of advice that you can work on.

Although you mean well, and I can see that in you, I notice that sometimes you can put yourself in situations that you cannot deal with due to permissions, or you might tell players things that might not be necessarily correct or the right way to go around things. You try really hard to help the player that you end up portraying a staff member (not necessarily a good thing), when all that needs to be done is to direct the player to the correct staff member who is able to deal with the situation efficiently and effectively. I understand that this may not be intentional, but just try to work on making sure you have the correct info for someone who needs help, and figuring out how much you can help before a staff member needs to be involved.

Don’t let my critique put you down or discourage you as there are areas that you excel in, so take this as an opportunity to adapt and become a better candidate.

• Agree Agree x 5