Denied Billy's Helper Application

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by billybobjack19, Mar 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. billybobjack19

billybobjack19 New Member

Skyblock.net Staff Application

My IGN: billybobjack19 (normally nicked as Billy)

Time Zone: Eastern Time (-4)

Languages: I speak English fluently and am currently learning both Spanish and French.

Is 2FA enabled: Yes

Capturing devices: Yes, I have Bandicam and Fraps, as well as the Minecraft screenshot function.

Why I think I should become a staff member:

I have 3 main reasons why I believe I am fit to become a staff member:

1. Availability/Time management/Quick learner: I play Minecraft daily for 1-3 hours, and on the weekends, I play closer to 3 hours each day. This allows me to be on the server and do my job longer than most. Also, my time management skills allow me to not only portion my daily school work/sports/family/friends/Minecraft, but also helps me become more efficient as a staff member. Being able to manage my time in real life with Minecraft allows me to be working and functioning at my peak performance. I am also a quick learner. If new commands or rules for the server come out, I can learn and master these commands quickly.

2. My love of helping others: Helping others is something that I am not only exceptional at, but also enjoy. Helping others is what I love doing. Even something as simple as telling them a command that they have access to gives me satisfaction. At school, I love helping others to the solution to a math problem or the date of a battle. Also, the general idea of helping the server run more smoothly is something that gives me great pride and joy. Knowing that I am working for a cause and for a goal also benefits my work ethic.

3. My knowledge and love of Minecraft: I have played Minecraft for ~7 years. This is not what sets me apart from others. My in-depth knowledge of Minecraft gives me an understanding which can only be achieved through hours of gameplay and research. This knowledge will benefit me helping others.

Availability:

1. Weekdays- I can be on the server during schooldays from 6-10 EST (If I have a baseball game, this may be 8-10). Normally, I would be on at 3, but I have daily baseball practice as well.

2. Weekends- I can play throughout the day on both Saturday and Sunday. (I cannot play 9-10AM on Sundays due to church)

Skyblock Experience: I have been playing skyblock for close to 5 years. I began my skyblock adventures on the slabcraft server around 2014 I believe. I played on that server for around 4 years. I briefly took a break from Minecraft, and came back around 4 months ago. I have invested hundreds of hours into skyblock, learning the ins and outs of the game.

Bans: The only ban that I can recall was from a factions server (not sure if applicable) and It was for using TNT, which I was not aware of the rule being in place which prohibits TNT use.

Past moderation experience: As I stated above, I was a part of a Minecraft server called Slabcraft. I was a helper on this server for around 3 months. I resigned from helper as I grew tired of the server. Those changes were what I sought in this server. Being a staff member of a skyblock server in the past gives me knowledge of how to be a staff member now. This proves to be useful in situations that would be stressful to someone who has never experienced them before.

Requirements for staff: Yes (sort of)

I have a skype and discord account and 2FA. The problem is that I don’t have a old enough account, and I also don’t have enough posts. I cannot get into my other account from my other server to get into, and so I do not meet the requirements for this account. Over time, I can prove that this experience on another server will come in handy and will get those 50 posts/2 weeks in no time. (well, 2 weeks.)

If anyone has any suggestions or tips, please reply or PM me :)

2. 52Phenomenon

52Phenomenon Super Moderator Super Moderator Events Manager

IGN:
    52Phenomenon
    Thank you so much for taking the time to apply for staff on Skyblock.
    Unfortunately you don't meet the requirements for staff at this time. We encourage you to read the requirements needed and take some time to get to know the community here on forums.

Feel free to fill out an application in the future.
    Volunteers are always needed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.