Best Ways to Make Money on .Net

Discussion in 'Player Guides' started by PixelJJ, Dec 11, 2017.

1. PixelJJ

PixelJJ Member

Best Ways to Make Money on .Net
    Hello everyone! If you play Skyblock, you know that money helps out a lot. You can buy materials to make your island exactly how you like it and enjoyable for other players. That's why I'm here to discuss the best possible ways to make money.

Way 1: Voting
    The first option is for you to vote for the server. This gets you 1 grass, the most common currency, per vote. You also get vote keys to use at /warp trade to get some materials for your island. If you're extra lucky you might even get an extra grass block or a rare crate key or more goodies. In order to vote all you have to do is /vote and then fill out the requirements on the two webpages. You can vote every 24 hours, so it's a bit limited. Another thing related to this are voteparties, whenever the server gets to 300 votes it has a vote party where you are given grass and vote keys. After this the counter resets and you must wait again.
    Here are the links:
    vote.skyblock.net
    vote2.skyblock.net

Way 2: Banner Shop
    The second option is to make a Banner Shop. People usually pay 1 Grass for a banner, so if you sell enough you can make a huge profit. In order to start a Banner Shop you must build a building and display the banners. You can duplicate the banners by putting one in a crafting table with the same color banner that was used to make it. I put this picture as an example. Make sure to advertise on the chat but don't spam.
    [​IMG]
    Way 3: Skin Competitions

The third option is to host some skin competitions. Go to a few competitions to see what they are like and then build one yourself. Once you've built the spot for the competition you have to charge 1 Grass for entry and around 5-6 Grass for the winner. If you have around 12 people, that's a 6-7 Grass profit. The only flaw about this is how you can't repeat it over and over like the banner shop. The same people usually don't come to your skin comp again. Once again, advertise but don't spam.

Way 4: Trade Shops

The fourth option is to make a trade shop. A trade shop is basically a chest where you put items you want to sell in it and the thing you want on a sign attached to said chest. You can put any items but please make it reasonable, don't make it something like 1 wool for 1 Grass. The only reason to make it too wild is a donation chest, where people give you the resources for a cheap item. In order to make one, type: [Trade] # Item you want to sell, # Item you want to receive, and then your username.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Way 5: Sell Builds/Islands
    This one depends if you are good at building in Minecraft or not. You can build something on another person's island for around a diamond to 3 diamonds depending on the build. Diamond for medium size, 2 and 3 for large and extra large. A diamond is worth roughly 21-23 Grass, so do your calculations and price the build so that you make a profit. The other thing is island building. I would recommend doing this on an alt account and then giving your actual account the profits. To give you the basics, you build an island based on some sort of theme, like Pokemon or Medieval Times. Keep track of how much money you spend before you sell the island so that you know how much you should sell it for. Before you sell it you must find a mod to see if it is legal to sell. If it has too much dirt on it it may be illegal to sell, resulting in a ban. Remember: Before you give them the island you must put the diamonds/grass away on your main account's island. In order to give the buyer the island do: /coop invite (buyer's name) and then /coop leave.

Way 6: Drop Parties
    First, I'd like to acknowledge AlphaNerd for bringing this to my attention. Drop Parties are definitely a great way to make money if you are lucky enough. A Drop Party is when a player on the server drops valuable items from high up and other players on the ground try to pick up the items. This being said, there are usually a lot of players that come to these and it is not guaranteed that you will get any items. Definitely not the most efficient way, but rewarding if you get lucky.

That's all my knowledge I have to offer when making money, feel free to ask any questions you may have and I really hope you enjoyed this little advice post. See ya!
    If you want to contact me on Skyblock.net, my nickname is Pixel and my real name is PixelJJ. /msg PixelJJ should do the trick if I'm online.

Attached Files:

• Useful Useful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
  2. Wolfie

Wolfie Well-Known Member

Thank you for helping the community. The guide looks amazing. c:

3. AlphaNerd

AlphaNerd Active Member

You should a section about drop parties, as they are an excellent way to make profit

4. PixelJJ

PixelJJ Member

Thanks, I really enjoyed making it.

Will do, thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2017
  5. Wonkie

Wonkie Experienced Member

IGN:
    wonkiedonkie
    Looks like a great guide. Anyone needing some money, you should use this guide!

6. poggers

poggers Senior Member

This is such a cute lil guide!!
    I remember when I was a greenie, I went to my first skin competition and a donor gave me a stack of iron and some grass.

7. Evux

Evux Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Evux
    I love the tutorial! Absolutely brilliant for new players :)

8. Jbnorman

Jbnorman Experienced Member

IGN:
    jbnorman
    Want to know the secret to Rare trading?

Flip EVERYTHING

9. AkumaThePuma1

AkumaThePuma1 Member

I think another way would be through player trading are I right ? Or no.. :baw. But this guide is so cute even though I lost my other account and I'm currently a greenie :(.

10. Rolly

Rolly Senior Member

IGN:
    Rolly__
    I like that you are trying to help others. Really nicely formatted guide!

11. imaswifter13

imaswifter13 Active Member

Duping items seems to work a lot better than any of the above.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Cookie Cookie x 1
  12. LegoCollecter14

LegoCollecter14 Well-Known Member

IGN:
    LegoCollecter14
    Trade chests are going to be added to the new .net in the coming month or so

13. ICWhiteTiger

ICWhiteTiger Active Member

Thanks for the guide!

14. kaktuskaktus

kaktuskaktus Member

IGN:
    kaktuskaktus
    How do u turn grass into money?

15. Megan

Megan Experienced Member Premium

IGN:
    Meggann
    Hi!
    Skyblock uses grass as it’s form of currency. Therefore you cannot change it to money.

On /economy they use /bal currency so they have money.

You can cross server trade between skyblock and economy. You can give your grass on /skyblock for balance on /economy.