NA Bdark's Wholesome (re)Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Bdarkslayer, Jan 8, 2022.

1. Bdarkslayer

Bdarkslayer Experienced Member Premium

Discord:
    Bdark#1431
    IGN:
    Bdarkslayer
    Hey there! My name is Bdark. Most of you know me but if you don't, hello and nice to meet you! I'm the Elon Musk guy, and if you don't know what I am talking about, click on my profile. Welcome to my wholesome staff re-application! If you didn't know, I resigned earlier in 2021 after I accepted a new job offer which limited my availability and focus to other tasks and I also had major medical concerns which needed to be addressed. Now that I have a year under my belt in my career, I am ready to come back in full force!

Let's start off with a bit of information about me!

My In-Game Name:
    Bdarkslayer - I go by "Bdark" most of the time!

My timezone:
    I am located in the Eastern Standard Timezone.

My country of residency:
    I currently live in the United States.

Languages that I speak:
    I am fluent in both English and Spanish.

Two Factor Authentication:
    Yes, I do have 2FA enabled! (actually ;))

Recording/Screenshot software availability:
    I regularly utilize OBS to record video content and take screenshots that are uploaded to Imgur and other sites.

Why I think I should become a staff member:
    I believe that I would be an excellent addition to the staff team for a variety of reasons. First off, I have operated as a moderator with many of the current staff members back before the old economy (.org) reset. I regularly assisted a large number of players! I still maintain a large amount of knowledge on the rules as well as the general workings of the servers (both economy and skyblock).

I believe in strong communication. My current workplace relies on consistent communication within our team and I understand the importance of it within a server. I am extremely respectful and professional within anyone that I talk to. I strive to maintain a good image regardless of the situation or topic of conversation. Regardless of what happens, I will remain as reachable as possible by every player.

Another strength that I possess is that I am a team player. The best organizations require teams to make them work. As a team player, I can offer my insight on issues that may need to be addressed as well as assist my team members in various other tasks.

Amount of time that I am able to dedicate to the server:
    I have been fairly active on the server for the past few years! Upon my last resignation, I did take about 8 months off so I could focus on my priorities at the time. Now, I spend at least a few hours every day actively playing on Skyblock. My new work schedule and puppy, allow me to devote time to the server every day.

How long I have been playing Skyblock:
    I have been playing Skyblock since 2013. I joined the forums in late 2013 back when I first found out about the website!

Previous disciplinary action that has been taken:
    I believe the only action that I ever received was a temporary ban back in 2013. This was before I was familiar with the rules of Skyblock.

Previous staff member experience:
    I do have plenty of moderation experience. I have been a staff member on Skyblock two separate times. At the beginning, I was a staff member on economy (.org) and the second time (most recently) I was global. I spent much of my time engaging with the community as well as resolving any issues that came up while I was online and offline. I am familiar with many of the older staff team members and am comfortable with handling any task that comes my way.
    Thank you so much for reading my application and for any decision that is made regarding it!

- Bdark

• No Support No Support x 19
    • Support Support x 8
    • Neutral Neutral x 8
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2022
  2. Frez

Frez Shark Moderator Premium

Discord:
    Frez#5747
    IGN:
    frezology
    support!

It would be a pleasure to work with you again after you had to leave due to irl circumstances!!!

ofcs activity and discord can always be improved, but I know that you are already working on this!

You were a brilliant moderator and will be still! Would be awesome to have you back on the team

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Marcawn

Marcawn * Marc a Hawk * Premium

Discord:
    Marcawn#7540
    IGN:
    Marcawn
    Neutral, you should hang out here more to get back your position but it's glad to have you back, you're last activity was back in December before you posted this application.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2022
  4. Megan

Megan Moderator Moderator Premium

Support.
    You had to leave, due to irl situations. They don’t change your ability to moderate.

I hope to mod with you again soon :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Boba

Boba Experienced Member

Discord:
    boba#9372
    IGN:
    BobaLatte
    No support,

While you were an excellent moderator and I would love to see you moderate again, I don’t think I’ve seen your activity that much on most platforms.

Again I can’t speak for in-game since I’m not active but as of now, I haven’t seen any forum activity except your new application, absolutely no discord activity (while I’m writing this, you’re not in the SB Discord which I know will change cause someone’ll invite you or you’ll join later on), and to add on, I haven’t seen you as helpful.

Personally, this application seems rushed and I think you could’ve waited some time as it seems like you’ve recently joined back from your break. I’ll gladly change my status when I see an improvement in your activity. Good luck. : )

• Agree Agree x 7
  6. Queen

Queen Member

Discord:
    Queen#5692
    IGN:
    QueenxAlex
    I can speak for in-game as I have been playing 24/7 lately and I can confidently confirm that there is 0% player activity over the past weeks and months. And player activity constitutes more than just being idle online. Although I can also state the first time I have seen the applicant online is just after this application was posted. Sus?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Bdarkslayer

Discord:
    Bdark#1431
    IGN:
    Bdarkslayer
    Thanks for your reply, but economy would definitely disagree. I'm on every day :)

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Queen

Queen Member

Discord:
    Queen#5692
    IGN:
    QueenxAlex
    Economy constitutes a negligible amount of the Skyblock playerbase ;) :thumbsup: Maybe join the discord? :)

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Marcawn

Marcawn * Marc a Hawk * Premium

Discord:
    Marcawn#7540
    IGN:
    Marcawn
    He is in the discord just now.

• Informative Informative x 2
  10. minifigman

minifigman Member

Discord:
    Elijah#5535
    IGN:
    minifigman
    Although I am not an active member on the Forums I am quite active of the Skyblock Sever, I do not think this is a good candidate for mod, I believe a new mod must have been active in the past couple months to actually understand the "climate" of the server they are serving. Many can attest that I am on at least 3 hours a day and I have not seen this player. Although I do not doubt this his capabilities as a mod, given his previous experience. However I do not think that he is capable at this current time of serving this community to his full potential I believe that there are many other candidates who are much more active who would be more suited for this position at this time.

Sincerely,

minifigman

Aka
    OtherMini

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Megan

Megan Moderator Moderator Premium

Can I remind you all to provide constructive criticism to encourage the applicant. Thank you :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY bringbackcrimsondays Builder Premium

Discord:
    BertBerry#6530
    IGN:
    BertBerry
    Neutral. You were a great mod but you just came back and decided to reapply instantly. I would suggest waiting a few weeks or something then maybe I'll change my support status. Also who's to say you wont disappear on us like uh certain ex mods did once you get promoted.

Love u bbg

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Skyzi_x

Skyzi_x Active Member

For all my 6+ years of playing, I have never ever seen your name not once.
    Doesn't matter about timezone either btw I've been on every day at all different times throughout the day even till 2-4 in the morning some days.

No Support

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Queen

Queen Member

Discord:
    Queen#5692
    IGN:
    QueenxAlex
    I would also like to *constructively* point out this playtime over the past nearly 4 years. Keep in mind I quit for a long time (majority of the years this new server has been open) and still have 10x more hours logged on this server. How does someone with a playtime so little even get a look in? Especially with the calibre of the other current applicants. 2022-01-09_01.09.56.png

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Skyzi_x

Skyzi_x Active Member

I agree with this tbh I did quit for a good amount of time but also have 13 times the amount of playtime.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. minifigman

minifigman Member

Discord:
    Elijah#5535
    IGN:
    minifigman
    *constructively*

I joined the server in January of 2021 and have about 80+ days.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Bdarkslayer

Discord:
    Bdark#1431
    IGN:
    Bdarkslayer
    Thanks for the kind feedback, all! As mentioned previously, I have mainly played economy but I will definitely work on my Skyblock activity <3

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. Beens

Beens Member

Discord:
    Beens (Beenie40)#3302
    IGN:
    BeensMC
    Full support!

Bdark is someone who truly demonstrates great character. The first time I met him, it had seemed like we had been friends for a long time. This, combined with his previous and successful run as a moderator, lead me to believe he would be a fantastic addition to the current staff team. Best of luck Bdark!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. morayeel

morayeel Member Premium

Discord:
    morayeel#1352
    IGN:
    morayeel
    While we haven't conversed a lot personally, I've seen Bdarkslayer to be an awesome person. I remember him being a great mod that knew how to have a good time and he added a lot to the server. You have my full support!

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Calidre

Calidre Experienced Member

Discord:
    Calidre#2227
    IGN:
    Calidre
    No support.

I think almost anyone who even remotely knows me can speak for my activity daily on every platform and for you, in game I’ve seen you maybe 4 times in the last month and before that once every 6 months, just joined the discord, and forums you were totally inactive from February of 2021 until about a week ago or less. You say you play daily but from what I’ve seen you definitely do not and as someone who definitely plays daily, I would have seen you more often.

I see this happen with people who previously were on the staff team, many enjoyed their time on it and then leave for personal issues and come back and apply immediately regardless of actually starting to play again or not. This does not mean you were bad at what you did, but I’ve seen you once in the last week and now a mod application? It seems to me it came WAY to quick

good luck

• Agree Agree x 5