NA Bdark's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by Bdarkslayer, Apr 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bdarkslayer

Bdarkslayer Experienced Member

IGN:
    Bdarkslayer
    Hey there! My name is Brendan (Bdark}, I am writing this application in hopes of being considered for a potential staff member position! I appreciate this opportunity to apply and would love to have the chance to once again serve alongside some of the great staff team members.

Allow me to start off with a bit of information about me!

My In-Game Name:
    Bdarkslayer - I go by "Bdark" most of the time!

My timezone:
    I am located in the Eastern Standard Timezone.

My country of residency:
    I currently live in the United States.

Languages that I speak:
    I am fluent in both English and Spanish.

Two Factor Authentication:
    Yes, I do have 2FA enabled!

Recording/Screenshot software availability:

I regularly utilize OBS to record video content and take screenshots that are uploaded to Imgur and other sites.

Why I think I should become a staff member:

I believe that I would be an excellent addition to the staff team for a variety of reasons. First off, I have operated as a moderator with many of the current staff members back before the old economy (.org) reset. I regularly assisted a large number of players! I still maintain a large amount of knowledge on the rules as well as the general workings of the servers (both economy and skyblock).

I believe in strong communication. My current workplace relies on consistent communication within our team and I understand the importance of it within a server. I am extremely respectful and professional within anyone that I talk to. I strive to maintain a good image regardless of the situation or topic of conversation. Regardless of what happens, I will remain as reachable as possible by every player.

Another strength that I possess is that I am a team player. The best organizations require teams to make them work. As a team player, I can offer my insight on issues that may need to be addressed as well as assist my team members in various other tasks.

Amount of time that I am able to dedicate to the server:

I have been fairly active on the server for the past few years! I spend at least a few hours every day actively playing on Skyblock. I have been very blessed to have a work schedule that allows me to engage with the community.

How long I have been playing Skyblock:

I have been playing Skyblock since 2013. I joined the forums in late 2013 back when I first found out about the website!

Previous disciplinary action that has been taken:

I believe the only action that I ever received was a temporary ban back in 2013. This was before I was familiar with the rules of Skyblock.

Previous staff member experience:

I do have plenty of moderation experience. I am a former moderator from .org (economy) that left on good terms with the staff team. I spent much of my time engaging with the community as well as resolving any issues that came up while I was online and offline. I am familiar with many of the older staff team members and am comfortable with handling any task that comes my way.
    Thank you so much for reading my application and for any decision that is made regarding it!

- Bdark

• Support Support x 13
    • Neutral Neutral x 7
  2. Tog

Tog atpoaim Discord Moderator Premium Premium Premium Premium

IGN:
    Togpuss
    Your application is well written and you show evidence of having previous moderation experience. I want to support this application, although I do not feel as if you are active in game enough. Don’t get me wrong, this may be due to time zones- you being in the States while I’m across the seas in the UK, although it will take a lot more activity in order to convince me you are worthy of staff. Neutral although I will come back to this application when/if I change my mind. :)

3. Ca1

Ca1 Senior Member

Bdark plays on economy most frequently, are you able to judge his activity based on that information?

4. Bdarkslayer

IGN:
    Bdarkslayer
    Hey there! I definitely appreciate your feedback! College classes and my change of profession have certainly limited my availability during most of last year. I do mainly play on economy and would like to see you online sometime! I hope I can change your view in the future! Thanks for the kind words!

5. Ca1

Ca1 Senior Member

Support for Bdark, no negative connotations to his name, incredibly helpful, does the best he can.

6. Bdarkslayer

IGN:
    Bdarkslayer
    Hey ca1eb2k, you are right, I primarily play economy. However, I do enjoy playing on the other servers from time to time. I appreciate you stopping by!

7. Bdarkslayer

IGN:
    Bdarkslayer
    Thank you so much for the kind words! I hope to be as helpful as possible. I'll see you on economy sometime!

8. UrsusMaiorus

UrsusMaiorus Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Ursusmaiorus
    Support all the mods are on eco like to the extent that as someone who played eco first for 1 years or so that I did not know many things were illegal and accidentally broke several server rules before moving to survival and getting warned for it and learning that it was against the rules lol

9. UrsusMaiorus

IGN:
    Ursusmaiorus
    Cyk753 thx for my warning lol
    as a matter of fact i could have not named a single non cyk mod before i moved to survival

10. Bdarkslayer

IGN:
    Bdarkslayer
    I think you're supporting my application, please correct me if I am wrong. But thank you for the kind words!

11. WhatsUpDoc

WhatsUpDoc Eh What's Up Doc? Premium

IGN:
    WhatsUpDoc
    This application looks great!! i'll be on tomorrow to see how you are in the game! :D you play on economy right?

12. Bdarkslayer

IGN:
    Bdarkslayer
    Hey there WhatsUpDoc, I do play economy mainly! Thank you for the kind words and I'll look forward to seeing you in-game tomorrow. Cheers!

13. UrsusMaiorus

IGN:
    Ursusmaiorus
    Just to be clear I think u should 10000% be mod the community is mostly dominated by survival players and therefor most if not all mods r from there so we need eco mods like urself

14. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    Support I missed getting banned by you like that time on economy.
    I'm on a break so I really can't judge your activity but I can judge based on you as a moderator way back before you resigned. I would like to see you back on the team.

15. Pillow

Pillow blanky Premium

IGN:
    Pilberry
    Neutral, never seen you in-game and if I have you're not that helpful but based what (Oh just relised you mainly play economy - I recently quit eco) has been said above it's not a n support from me.

16. Ca1

Ca1 Senior Member

?

17. otter360

otter360 Active Member

IGN:
    otter360
    Sorry but im Neutral but leaning towards support. I have never seen you online on economy (im not saying your not active I just never have seen your ign until just now) despite my daily activity there. I have had a look through your application and some people have put in some kind words for you so I would happily say leaning towards support :). Hope to meet you in game on economy some time!

Edit: Went on this morning and you had been online for 7 hours. You happily have my full support :)

Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
  18. LeoSteel

LeoSteel Active Member

I’ll stay Neutral as in all honesty as much as I appreciate your application, I genuinely do not know who you are and have never seen you. Which is my understanding as you only play economy, which is fine but I cannot support you not seeing you ever.
    Thanks and good luck.

19. Tog

Tog atpoaim Discord Moderator Premium Premium Premium Premium

IGN:
    Togpuss
    Ah, that makes a lot more sense. I rarely appear on economy, and when I do it’s only brief. I’ll change to neutral/leaning towards support.

20. Bdarkslayer

IGN:
    Bdarkslayer
    Hey BertBerry! I appreciate you stopping by! Hopefully if a promotion does happen, we can refrain from and disciplinary action :). We're all here to enjoy the server but rules do apply! :p
    Hey Pil_, I can understand your concerns. As I have said in my application, I recently underwent a change in my career path that allows me to spend more time online. I would love to see you online sometime when I am on survival. Hopefully I can change your view! :)
    Hey otter360, I definitely appreciate your kind words as well as your want to support my application. As I have said above, I changed my career path and it has allowed me to dedicate more time for this server like in the older days! I look forward to seeing you online and hopefully creating a good relationship! Cheers! :)
    Hey LeoSteel, while I do play economy, I do occasionally jump on survival. I am planning on dedicating more time to spend on that server this week and in upcoming weeks. I hope to see you online and maybe I can change your views. :)

Last edited: Apr 25, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.