Closed Ban Evading Question

Discussion in 'Discussions Archive' started by Rifnos, Jun 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rifnos

Rifnos Prison Mike

IGN:
    Rifnos
    I see how this could be off topic but I looked into some appeals and stumbled upon a question.

Let’s say there was two siblings billy and jack that played skyblock. After some time billy decided to scam a player named player123. Billy gets banned. Jack logs in the next day.

Would jack also be perm banned for “ban-evading” or would he be allowed to play?

Again this is severely off topic but I’m very curious and I want to know. Could anyone answer this?

2. TweeCat_

TweeCat_ Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Tweeeeeeee
    I'm gonna leave the answer to the mods, but, I feel that "Jack" should be able to play, but if they play on the same account thats not gonna work, and they both will be banned.

3. Cyk753

Cyk753 Super Moderator Super Moderator Staff Applicant Advisor

It depends.

I will only speak for my own thinking process. This will not be an explanation for the entire staff team. Every staff member is given the permission to handle a situation in their own way.

It is hard to prove someone was not in collusion within the family. Also hard to prove someone is guilty just by association. Family who join with the same IP address show up as if they are alt accounts for each other.

If I already knew that Jack and Billy were siblings that played together, I probably would not ban Jack for something Billy did.

If I did not know Jack and Billy were from the same family, then I would probably ban Jack as an alt account of Billy. But Jack has the right to create an appeal and explain the situation. I would have to then double check log block to make sure Jack's account was not involved then unban him.

If I find that Jack's account was used in any part of Billy's scam, I would deny Jack's appeal. Each player is responsible for what happens with their game account. If Jack helped Billy willingly, Jack should stay banned. If Jack shared his account with Billy, then that effectively makes Jack's game account an Alt for Billy. Therefore Jack will stay banned.

This is just one example. For sure there are many other factors that may affect my final decision. I hope this answer brings some clarity.

I will not bring down the ban hammer just because. I will try to be fair to the player and be fair to our server and community.

4. Rifnos

Rifnos Prison Mike

IGN:
    Rifnos
    Alright this helped a lot. I just was thinking that it wouldn’t be very fair if a player who had nothing to do with a ban was banned because he was a supposed alt (and appeal denied). Thanks for the answer. You can go ahead and lock this.

5. Cyk753

Cyk753 Super Moderator Super Moderator Staff Applicant Advisor

Thread locked on request.
    If you disagree to this action, please report this post, and a moderator or administrator will reconsider it.

Kind regards,
    The Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.