Accepted ban appeal

Discussion in 'Appeals Archive' started by genniq, Dec 5, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. genniq

genniq Member

IGN:
    genniq
    • Punished account name:genniq
    • Platform or server punished on:skyblock economy
    • Have you read the rules? yes
    • Do you think this punishment was incorrect? no
    • Why should you be unbanned? because I realized what I did wrong
    • Please list any other times you were punished on Skyblock: none
    • If you know, tag the staff member that banned you: @Meggann
    • Do you understand and accept our rules and code of conduct? yes
    I got banned yesterday (on my account "genniq" on skyblock Economy) after I made a bad joke with moderator Meggann. I called him "gay" which was really homophobic and toxic of me and I'm really sorry for that. We live in a society where teens are afraid to express themselves the way they actually are, and I don't want to take part on the toxic side. I am really sorry for that childish and extremely bad joke. I realized how much damage that can deal to the wholesome community of this server and I really hope I can get another chance to be a better member on skyblock.net .

best regards,
    genniq

Last edited: Dec 5, 2021
  2. Megan

Megan Experienced Member Premium

IGN:
    Meggann
    Hi, thanks for appealing - I will respond shortly :)

3. genniq

genniq Member

IGN:
    genniq
    Hello, I'm still waiting nervously for your response. Again, I'm extremely sorry for what I did :)

4. genniq

genniq Member

IGN:
    genniq
    Hello, it's been some days since I sent my appeal and I still don't have any response :(
    please please respond to my appeal

5. Megan

IGN:
    Meggann
    Hi genniq!

Thank you for appealing. Apologies for not responding sooner I am really busy with work but have some time now.

Firstly, I want to thank you for being so honest in your appeal and admitting what you did was wrong. However I disagree with your wording of this “being a joke.” A joke is something people find amusing and humorous and in this case - this is not.
    You chose to voluntarily disrespect me by being homophobic. That is not a “joke”

I can see your sincerity in your apology and believe you are aware of the toxicity of your behaviour.

I am happy to unban me if you can tell me in your own words our rules surrounding homophobia, staff disrespect and how you will go about becoming a “better member” on SkyBlock.

Thank you :)

6. genniq

genniq Member

IGN:
    genniq
    Hello Megan,

So first, I'm extremely sorry for thinking you are a male, I'm not a native speaker and I don't know what gender the names are.

I read the rules when I joined the server and I can remember the rules around toxicity are that I should NOT disrespect anyone in a server despite their rank, whether they are just a member or admins or moderators, in game level or sexual preferences. I shouldn't judge anyone and accept everyone just the way they are. Megan, I'm really sorry for all of this.

By becoming a better member on the server I mean accept everyone the way they are and not be toxic to anyone under any circumstance.(maybe even be nice to them and help them).

I realized it was not a joke it was just me being toxic and I'm really really sorry for creating this situation.

with all respect,
    genniq

7. Megan

IGN:
    Meggann
    Thank you for being so honest and respectful in your response.

I am going to unban you on this occasion but please make sure nothing like this happens again :)

8. Megan

IGN:
    Meggann
    Thank you for creating an appeal, your appeal has been accepted!
    Please make sure that you read our rules here before continuing on as normal!
    Thread closed and moved to Appeals Archive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.