Denied Ban appeal for skyblock Economy

Discussion in 'Appeals Archive' started by jackgreenfox123, Jan 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jackgreenfox123

jackgreenfox123 Active Member

Punished account name: jackgreenfox123
    Platform or server punished on: skyblock economy
    Ban message if applicable: looting and griefing of illegal items
    Have you read the rules? Yes
    Do you think this punishment was incorrect? Yes
    Why should you be unbanned? I do not recall evergreen anyone, nor having any illegal items illegal items.
    Please list any other times you were punished on Skyblock: I was never punished on skyblock
    If you know, tag the staff member that banned you: mlgeo
    Do you understand and accept our rules and code of conduct? Yes, ive been with this server for the past 6-7 years, i would never do anything this bad.

2. Devannn_

Devannn_ Beyoncé Moderator

IGN:
    Devannn_
    Tagging Geo for you :)

3. Frez

Frez Shark Super Moderator Premium

IGN:
    frezology
    Hi jackgreenfox123, thank you for taking time to appeal. I will be handling this appeal for you!

Earlier I was reported that a players island had been griefed. Upon investigation, we found that only your account and the island owner had touched the island. On top of this, we then found the materials at your island.

Are you able to explain this?

4. jackgreenfox123

If I were to greif them, they would have to trust me, and which in that case, if i'm stating the rules right, is their fault with whatever happens to their stuff, I don't remember doing that, but according to the rules, I would not be punished if I actually griefed them.

5. Frez

IGN:
    frezology
    Thank you for the reply

Linked Here are our server rules, please take time to read them.

Griefing is the act of breaking (or placing) blocks at another account's island without permission. This is highly illegal. Our logs concluded that you broke a total of 61 blocks and placed non. Furthermore, 51 of these blocks were dirt. We then located this at your island. And, as said many times a day, dirt trade is illegal. Therefore, you were banned for griefing and looting the items.

Are you able to explain your actions?

6. jackgreenfox123

If it wasn't their permission, then how could I have been trusted to their island. Without them giving me permission with /trust, then I wouldn't be able to "greif" them. I don't get how I how I could have grifed them, if it is true that I broke 50 blocks, i would have to have their permission for that.

7. Frez

IGN:
    frezology
    Thanks for replying.

As this was reported as a griefing, that implies that you did not have permission to break said blocks. Just because you have trust, does not mean that you are allowed to break blocks and take them.
    Furthermore, you broke and took dirt which is highly illegal.
    Also, dirt trade has always been illegal, thus if you are an long time player, you will know this.

Please be aware that we are under no obligation to unban you, and that without evidence you wouldn't be banned in the first place.

I am willing to give you a chance to own up to what you did and comply with this appeal.

So, can you explain why we found that you had broken and taken dirt (and other blocks) from the players island?

Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
  8. jackgreenfox123

Alright, so what happened is I would hear about people having an alt to help out with their base or whatever. I went to an alt generator and I got an alt to use. Unfortunately for me I couldn't use it for a while, so I just took everything from the island and gave it to myself, I never knew that those alts was an actual person, so i didn't mean to grief them, i assumed it was an unused account because it had a fresh island and they started on the skyblock server, not the economy server.

9. jackgreenfox123

Im sorry to the person whos account got hacked, but I didn't have any clue that someone would be affected, but i don't understand why they would get mad, if it was a fresh account anyway, It was kind of dumb anyway, how the guy reported me taking stuff from an unused island, but idk what was up with that guy. Im sorry for wasting your time and making you deal with this,

10. Frez

IGN:
    frezology
    Thank you for responding.
    This is against the Minecraft EULA and thus our code of conduct.
    This should have alerted you to the fact is was an actual player.
    This contradicts what you just said.
    If this is true, they would be mad because their account was hacked and their stuff stolen. They have every right to have reported you for griefing as that is what happened. Thus there is nothing "up with that guy". It does not matter if it is an unused island, it is still someone's property.

Linked here are the rules, please read them.

After discussion with other staff members, I have decided to deny your ban appeal. Your lack of sincerity and your hesitance to admit to your actions during this appeal have influenced this. Furthermore, this gives us time to reclaim the items you stole and return them to their rightful items. I hope you understand this and what you did wrong.

11. Frez

IGN:
    frezology
    Thank you for creating an appeal, but unfortunately your appeal has been denied.
    We strongly recommend reading through this thread here for any future appeals!
    Thread closed and moved to Appeals Archive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.