[AUS +10] Rocky7239's Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by rocky7239, Jul 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rocky7239

rocky7239 Experienced Member

Rocky's Moderator Application

Hello, thankyou for taking time to read my moderator application. I will tell you why I believe I should become a moderator because of my qualities and benefits to the game, but after all everyone has different opinions.
    I love all feedback, friendly criticism or support! But before I start here are some things about me, I'm 12 from Australia, NSW, Sydney. I go to a catholic selective school near the Harbour Bridge.

IGN :
    Rocky7239

TIME ZONE :
    Sydney Australia, GMT + 10:00

LANGUAGES I SPEAK :

English ~ I speak English fluently as I was born in Australia and have lived here my entire life!

French ~ I speak French, not fluently but very well! I have been to France 2 times and I am visiting again in 2016 for the School French Tour!

HAVE YOU EVER BEEN BANNED ?
    Yes I was banned for trading sand and island farming in 2013/14, I was new and I have changed. It helps me as I am very familiar with the forums and banning formats. I have changed and this will not happen again.

WHY SHOULD I BE A MOD ?
    I believe I should be a mod because I have many qualities and benefits to the game which would help the server, I know that I'm ready for this position and I'm in a good state to moderate the server. I have waited and become more experienced over time but I'm sure that now is my time and I'm ready.

Its also very helpful that I'm in the GMT +10 time zone as there are not enough mods in this time zone

Active In Game

I am on forums and the server every day for at least 1-5 hours. I am always helping on the server, sometimes you may not see because I am using msg. I am always checking suggestions, applications and giving feedback when necessary. This may change due to family events such as vacations or birthdays it may also change due to schoolwork or upcoming exams as without my education I wouldn't be where I am today.

Forum Active

I'm extremely active on the forums and I will also help to the best of my ability whenever I can. I try to comment and help on all sections of the forums no matter the topic or circumstances. If you do have any questions to ask me about me, the forums or the server feel free to ask :) I'm actually usually always on the forums if I'm not at school, sleeping or in game. I believe being forums active is essential if you want to moderate the server.

Experience

I have played skyblock for 1 and a half years and a bit now, so I know the rules and players. Over the 1.5 years I have learnt many things about the game and even the forums. I have grown to love the game and meet some great friends. With my experience I have learnt many things that I'm sure would help me moderate the server if I got the chance and I would capitalise on the opportunity.

Intelligent

I attend one of the top 15 schools in NSW, Australia and came 4th in the state at maths. I have learnt to keep a cool temper and also to calm down other players if necessary. I will always think about what I say and do before I do commit the act. I believe intelligence is needed if you want to moderate the server. I'm very privileged to be able to go to one of the top schools in NSW, Australia and I make the most of it.

Leader

At my junior school I was school captain and I am currently the year seven Student Representative. No matter what the situation I set a good example for others. "Actions are stronger then words."A good leader does not just say what to do, they show people what to do and this is what I always strive for as I hope to set the bar for others by showing then what's wrong and what's right but also by doing this I hope they can show others what's wrong and what's right.

Friendly

I'm very friendly on the server and I'm also very welcoming to new players. I'm friendly to all players whether they're Greenbean or Skygod, Griefer or Moderator. If you do meet me or see me on the server or on the forums say hello, I don't bite :p Being friendly isn't the most important quality a moderator could have but it would be extremely helpful to have in any situation as being friendly makes any task easier.

Respectful

I am very respectful to players no matter what situation or rank they are. I respect everyone's opinion and ideas. I respect criticism as it will help improve my chances of learning new things or even becoming a moderator. For me without showing respect to others I don't think I could live with myself as it wouldn't be fair to other players. Showing respect is one of the most important qualities a moderator needs to have.

Involved

I always try and get involved in all the events that go on in the skyblock community. I also love making new players feel involved to make the game more fun for them. I believe it's essential to be involved as a moderator as you get to learn more about the server and the players on the server. Sometimes I cannot be involved in server events as the time it is on is not to suitable for me as I may be asleep or have an event one but this is usually not the case.

Organised

I'm very organise in school and in Skyblock. In school I like to colour code the folders have for each period ( subject/lesson ) so I'm always quick to get things out of my locker to be ready before the next period. In skyblock I organise my chests by having different items in different chests in different locations. I also organise my screenshots by putting them in folders on the computer each with different headings saying what the screenshots will show, so if I need to report someone I'll go to the the report folder and upload the image on the reports section on the forums :p

Helpful

I always help in game and on the forums by constantly reminding people certain commands like /home ,/newisland replace, /coop invite [playername] e.t.c. I mainly do this through msg but sometimes I do it in the chat. I have helped many people at their islands such as newbies with building cobble gens or giving them saplings and teaching them how to use items. Being helpful is the most important aspect of a moderator to me and I believe I help more than enough.

Creative
    I'm very creative! I'm always thinking of new things that could help the server. I'm always making new things on my island and testing ideas that I would love to add to the server so other players can have more fun and hopefully create and test their own idea's for other players to enjoy. Being creative isn't one of the most important aspects for a moderator to have but it is quite unique to have as being creative can help in certain circumstances.

HOW LONG CAN YOU BE ON FOR ?

>>> School Year <<<

Monday ~~~~~ 1-2hours

Tuesday ~~~~~ 3-7 hours

Wednesday ~~~~~ 4-6hours

Thursday ~~~~~ 3-5 hours

Friday ~~~~~ 5-7 hours

Saturday ~~~~~ 3-8 hours

Sunday ~~~~~ 4-6 hours

This may change due to exams or important assignments/tasks. You may play skyblock over school but to me school comes before anything as education plays a big role in everybody's lives!

DO YOU HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE ?

Yes, I Have actually worked on a server as a practice mod ( like Tmod ) it was a game on the internet that is shut down due to funds.

I'm hoping Cyp will give me a shot and I'm sure he will never regret it.

Sincerely Rocky7239 :)

Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
  2. sosbuild

sosbuild Member

You deserve to be a mod, you are constantly helping.
    Support :heart:

3. cos1997

cos1997 Member

100% support! you've helped me with my island and told me how to get to different places! to sum it up you have made skyblock fun for me

4. slimy26

slimy26 Member

Support nice app. You also help in game & on the forums

5. rocky7239

:heart: thanks for believing in me.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2014
  6. rocky7239

Thanks

7. Hunter68

Hunter68 Member

Support you've helped me, why aren't u mod?!!

8. rocky7239

xD thanks it means a lot to me.

9. cos1997

cos1997 Member

Re support, you deserve mod.

10. Hunter68

Hunter68 Member

Np

11. Cole N

Cole N Member

Definitely Need To Be A Mod! Ba da, ba, ba, ba! I'm loving it!

12. slimy26

slimy26 Member

Resupport 100000000000000%

13. rocky7239

Thanks

14. rocky7239

Thank you :heart: :heart: :heart:

15. rocky7239

thanks

16. aidenaburocks

aidenaburocks Member

90 support :heart:

17. Jenny

Jenny Experienced Member

90% support.
    The colors/fonts you use should be in a certain scheme, but yours seem to be all over the place. The font should basically be the same for the whole application, and there should only really be 2 font sizes. For the questions/topics, and the answers/paragraphs. The spacing of the paragraphs should also be even and not fluctuating. Other than that, it's a fairly well written application. c:

18. rocky7239

Means so much I will change it when i get home from school. :D

Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
  19. Jenny

Jenny Experienced Member

20. Bookeater_125

Bookeater_125 Member

I believe you have full potential.
    Nice app and nice guy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.