Accepted [Arthurine] Island Farming/Looting [Michael] [Ban Reduced]

Discussion in 'Appeals Archive' started by Arthurine, Aug 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arthurine

Arthurine New Member

• Server name (.net / .org ): Skyblock.net
    • In-game name: Arthurine
    • Full exact Ban Message: Banned on: 2018-08-12 Banned by: michael1234 Reason: Island Farming/Griefing Expires in: 30 days, 14 hours, 12 minutes
    • Did you read the rules ? Yes, I have read the rules for Skyblock. I have read them multiple times as well.
    • Why do YOU think you were banned? I think I was banned because it may have seemed that I was island farming. I felt that my old island was built in a way that made it look too much of a mall so I felt the need to rebuild it. I gave my island to BOMBIII because we were co-oped so I built mine with DrWierdo on his island. This island was both of ours but I was not able to coop because we were often on at different times or we just forgot. I remember seeing dirt in his chest downstairs so I decided to move it upstairs so when each of us built the top layer where the natural land and other stuff is we could move it and have easy access instead of just jumping all the way down. I had to create a new chest and move the dirt. I felt that I would have been banned for "island farming" because some mod would have thought that I was island farming from the amounts of dirt/grass on the island. Hours before I was banned, I even asked Michael whether I was allowed to move the dirt from my old island to DrWierdo's and he said no which is why I did not move it over. If you go to BOMBIII's island and look at the second layer in the garden section, you will see all the grass there. The other part of the ban was "griefing". I think I may have been banned for griefing because I placed down the grass and dirt of my friend's island onto his island. If this was the case, it was a complete misunderstanding because I was told to help him create the island. This was no act of griefing.
    • Was this an incorrect ban? Yes, I feel that this was an incorrect ban. It may have seemed that I grief or island farmed but I ensure you that I was not. I am not sure if griefing counts as helping my friend place down his grass and his dirt for his island because that was not written anywhere in the rules. This was also an incorrect ban because of the "island farming". I did not island farm at all and I only moved the dirt from one place to another. Some of this was his dirt but the rest was grass. There was a lot of grass and I retrieved all this by using the grass/diamonds my friend gave to me after he quit the game just a few days ago. DrWierdo gave me permission to place down grass and dirt on his island because we were building the "natural land" area. As said before, I was not able to co-op him because it was rare that we were on at the same time or we just forgot while we were.
    • Were you ever banned before on SkyBlock? If so, what for? I have never been banned on skyblock. I use to play skyblock classic with some of my other friends back in 2014/2015 but I stopped for a long time and only started playing recently in June of 2018.
    • Why do you think you should be unbanned? I think I should be unbanned because this ban was an incorrect ban. Michael1234 (Michael) may have thought that I was island farming just because it looked like I did. If there is a way to look at when I'm on Skyblock, I am literally on every single day having fun and talking to people. I've made multiple friends through this server and I call them to this day. Me and my friends would not do anything that could get us banned or have our island destroyed after all the hard work. This was just a huge misunderstanding and I feel the need to be unbanned. I understand that Michael may have thought I griefed or island farmed but I really did not. I understand why it looks like I may have island farmed but I did not grief. There is no rule in the rules stating that placing down other peoples dirt/grass with their permission is considered griefing. I am really sorry if I caused any confusions or if it may have looked like I was island farming in any way shape or form. I hope that I will get unbanned but I am also sorry for the confusion and trouble that I may have caused the mods, Michael or the person that is reading this in general. Thank you for taking the time for reading this ban appeal and I hope that you can understand that this was not an act of island farming or griefing.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
  2. Bossgamer

Bossgamer Super Moderator Super Moderator

IGN:
    Bossyy
    Michael - Tagging banning moderator.

3. Michael

Michael Active Member

IGN:
    michael1234
    Hello Arthurine, thank you for taking the time to create an appeal.

You were originally banned for island farming nearly 7,800 dirt, on your island, and using it to terraform DrWierdo's island. As much as I would like to believe that you did not island farm, I find that very difficult, given the current evidence. Your island has logs of you destroying more than two double chests worth of dirt, all in the shape of the starter island, and only placed 34. I originally banned you for three weeks, however I extended the length to 31 days, after I had found that you had taken a bunch of items from another player's items. You also destroyed thousands of blocks, all within a very short period of time.

After speaking with you on Discord, you have explained that you did not grief anyone's island, and the player gave you permission to move all of the items, to DrWierdo's island, which is supposedly your main island now. If this was the case, I will need to see screenshots of him giving you permission to take the items, in-game, a /mail from him explaining that you had permission, or he will need to start a conversation with me on Discord, and confirm that he is the owner of the account 'Bombiii'. If your story turns out to be true, I will reduce your ban to the original length of 21 days, as the ten day extension was a result of the looting.

That being said, you must still explain the issue of island farming. As you most likely know, island farming is not okay, under any circumstances, especially when large amounts of dirt are involved. If you did not island farm, could you please explain how there are logs of nearl 7,800 dirt being broken on your island. I find it very hard to believe that you had no idea what you were doing. As you can see here, all of the dirt that you had broken on your island, was in the exact same shape as a starter island. The brown 'holograms' show where dirt had been broken by you. I filtered the logblock command to only show edits from your account, which means that it is not possible that this is showing another player's changes.

[​IMG]

Please explain what you were doing, and why the logs show this, if you did not island farm. I would like to believe your story, however all of the evidence points towards island farming, and there is an overwhelming amount of evidence supporting my theory. I am open to hearing your view on this situation, and if you feel that I have misinterpreted any evidence, please let me know.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
  4. Arthurine

Arthurine New Member

Hello Michael, sorry for the troubles.

DrWierdo's island is my current home for Skyblock but I have not had the time to co-op him. I do not have any screenshots of chats saying that BOMBIII gave me permission to move the items from his island to DrWierdo only because we are irl friends and we like to call more. You can message me on Discord if you would like his discord username if you would like to message him. I took these items so I could put them in other chests at DrWierdo's island (also an irl friend of both of us).

I promise you that I did not island farm but it is impossible for me to prove my case considering I don't take screenshots of my stuff so I take full responsibility for these actions and the trouble that I may have caused you. I have island farmed one island in June of this year and I am not proud of that. I did not do any sort of island farming but because this was done on my account, I take full responsibility and I am willing to take in the consequences with a 21 day ban on Skyblock.

At the moment, I know the ban is 31 days but I will make sure that BOMBIII will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you and sorry for any trouble that this may have caused you.

5. Michael

Michael Active Member

IGN:
    michael1234
    As soon as BOMBIII messages me, I will have your ban reduced to 21 days. I apologize, however I do not believe that it would be appropriate to completely remove the ban at this point, as it was still your account that island farmed. All of the dirt that was placed on DrWierdo's island has been removed and replaced with cobblestone. I would like to thank you for all of your cooperation, and willingness to take responsibility for this incident. Thank you for being respectful and understanding throughout this whole appeal. I look forward to seeing you in game, when your ban expires.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.