Denied Apple5's Helper Application

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by CraftWithAbbie, Aug 16, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CraftWithAbbie

CraftWithAbbie Active Member

IGN:
    CraftWithAbbie
    Staff Title:

Helper

Job Description:

Helpers are primarily chat-based moderators with extra permissions that allow them to monitor and calm server chat, discord chats and forum posts and threads. Helpers will be assigned mentors upon promotion who will provide training and ongoing support, as well as feedback and advice. Helpers are essential to the server; providing assistance to players and engaging with the community.

Essential Requirements:

- Knowledge of the rules and code of conduct of all servers – I have read up on the rules on the forum site and have a good understanding of them

- Own a discord account - Apple5#1201 , In Game Name – BriefingApple5 (nickname – Apple5)

- Have no current punishments ongoing with an unrestricted discord, forums and Minecraft account on skyblock.net servers – none

- Trustworthy, open to feedback, and able to work in a team environment alongside moderators and developers – Yes as I have been giving feedback about the new beta that I was fortunate enough to trial, and I am willing to work on feedback given about myself and the server I play on. Im looking forwards to working with the skyblock team, learning along the way.

General Responsibilities:

- Monitoring chat/forum/ discord channels – I have my discord where I can be contacted any time of day, and I always watch the chat on the economy server I play on. I use my alt account as a chat screen often. The forum is a role that will be interesting but definitely willing to learn and be active as much as I can

- Participating and engaging within the community – I often get asked questions, or to help other players, be it building stone gens, or pig farms, or crophopper farms for players. I do this out of my own balances and resources often asking for nothing in return, because I enjoy seeing new players learn with me at the same time. People have come to me with questions, and sometimes reports of other players that have done something wrong, and ive been able to forwards the reports to online staff at the time. Examples of this is when I built Amberlouise285 a 12 pig spawner cooked pork farm, and where I’ve helped many players such as Reemy96, ThatKidMikah, Addie_Elizabeth, Nancy, and other players too, building them stone gens and crop hopper farms using my own resources for free for them.

- Answering player queries and questions – as mentioned above, I try my best to answer all questions players may have, and if I’ve not been able to answer some of them, I've been able to find other players who know the answers.

- Defuse arguments and tension within public chat or direct them to private messages – I have done this a few times already, by sending a direct message or talking through /local modes. Advising players that this is a public server and keeping the chat clean from arguments is important to remember.

- Enforcing all server rules and code of conduct, using special permissions (warn/kick/mute) only when necessary – I understand that the Role of Helper can include /warning/muting players, and if needed this will be a decision made with the servers’ best interest. IE to calm tensions between certain players should this be the case.

- Be a role model in the community and always exhibit good behaviour for others to replicate – I believe I have been a good role model, not perfect, but I try my best to be polite and supportive, I always go out of my way to help new players, and I have made many new friends on the server in the last month. Many players look forwards to seeing me online, and likewise I look forwards to seeing my new friends too.

- Investigating chat-related reports and handling ban appeals – if players come to me with reports, then I shall act upon these reports as soon as possible, within reason (time zones, players not online etc, in which case I can use /mail)

- Directing queries and issues to the correct staff members with the permissions necessary to handle the situation _ I know that some staff like Mods have more antigriefing tools capable of resolving certain situations, and I can forwards players to message staff on the forum or in discord.

- Protecting the privacy of staff and players and abide by confidentiality – This is of vital importance, privacy of other players and staff is a must and to be treated as such.

- Helpers who wish to become full moderators may work with their mentors to learn the usage of anti-grief plugins to assist moderators in resolving various griefing issues, and request bans for situations where they may be appropriate – This would be a role I’m willing to spend my time on, looking after the server throughout each day and night whilst I’m online, and offline via discord.

• Your in-game and discord tag: BriefingApple5 (nicknamed Apple5) Discord – Apple5#1201
    • What time zone are you in? Uk Time Zone (GMT)
    • Can you speak any additional languages?- I know some French, and I can use google translate apps easy enough
    • Do you have the necessary means of capturing evidence? - In-Game F2 Screenshots, Obs for recording. Gyazo and Screencast for short clips and screengrabs
    • How long can you be active on our platforms everyday? - Usually all day long 10+ hours, I play from midday til server restarts, sleeping very later in the mornings for a few hours. My recent play times have averaged betweem 12 midday, to 4am each day. Though I can always be contacted with my discord any time of day or night.
    • When did you first join Skyblock? - Ive played since beginning of july every day having fun
    • Have you ever been banned on any platform? No, being banned isn’t something I’d want to happen, skyblock is an amazing community of players and friends
    • Do you have any past moderation experience? - Yes, I used to run my own computer game development site, whilst I studied 3D Game design in college. My forum was focused around Unity and other game softwares, and I really enjoyed running and admining the site with my friends and other members. This was a few years ago, but I am familiar with how the skyblock forum works, as uses the same type of formatting as my old forum.
    • Why do you think you should become a staff member?

I would really love to become a helper, as this could enable me to be more productive and supportive to other members of the server, ill be able to help out more at times when I wish I could, and relieve some of the strain taken on staff members during the day. Im usually active all day and night long so whilst other staff are offline or unavailable, ill be able to answer any player questions, keep an eye out for illegal sales and filter bypassess

• Do you meet the requirements for staff?

I do believe so yes, I’ve been very supportive of other players on the server, I’ve made many awesome and wonderful new friends who love to see me online each day, and welcome me with greetings. I often answer questions for people who aren’t sure about things, and I teach new players how to build their farms. Ive often used my own resources and balances to help others get a good start ingame, as other players did for me when I first joined. Being a Helper/Mod would mean I have better management of when the server goes off topic too much, or when players have some tensions between each other ill be able to use the staff tools available. Keeping the server a happy place for all players is an important job to take on. I have a lot of time spare being online most of each day, so I think that I would be a great new candidate for the role. Im looking forwards to this new oppitunity and hope that ill be able to give back more to a community that has supporteds and accepted me as their friends.

Many thanks, Im Looking Forwards to becomming more active in this community, every other palyer ive met so far has been lovely and kind, supportive, and after being asked a few times, ive decided the time is right for my Helper Role Application. 2022-08-14_05.57.12.png 2022-08-13_18.19.14.png 2022-08-14_05.57.12.png

~ BriefingApple5 (Apple5)

2. Geo

Geo athyrix Premium

IGN:
    mlgeo
    Hi apple thank you so much for taking the time to apply! Currently however you do not meet the requirements :( please take the time to properly read them before reapplying!!!

3. Geo

Geo athyrix Premium

IGN:
    mlgeo
    Thank you so much for taking the time to apply for staff on Skyblock!
    Unfortunately you don't meet the requirements for staff at this time. We encourage you to read the requirements needed and take some time to get to know the community here on forums before choosing to open a new application in the future. Volunteers are always needed!

This thread has been moved to Denied Applications.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.