Allowed mods

Discussion in 'Help Archive' started by Angelos, Aug 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angelos

Angelos Active Member

IGN:
    crispypizza
    I would like to know the allowed Mods we can use everywhere. In our island, mob arena and the nether.
    No I am not talking about mods that give you an advantage over other players.
    Examples: Damage Indicators (to know how much health the boss has left), Autosprint (all it does is it holds down the sprint key for you. Nothing extra.)

Also are any Anti-Cheat Clients allowed like CheatBreaker?

I would like to hear opinions from all the staff members I can. Thanks.

2. Angelos

Angelos Active Member

IGN:
    crispypizza
  3. LittleEmiRose

LittleEmiRose Well-Known Member

4. laini

laini Ma'am Premium

IGN:
    Prxcto
    This is fine.
    This is not. It's an unfair advantage and it is considered a hack. No hacks are allowed in the arena at any time.

5. Theo

Theo Active Member

IGN:
    Theooooo
  6. Angelos

Angelos Active Member

IGN:
    crispypizza
    I am asking which mods are allowed. Not hacks.
    The link redirects me to Acceptable Hacks And Cheats.
    The Ones I mentioned are Not Cheats.
    If The AutoSprint Mod was considered "cheating" then it wouldn't be created by an Admin of one of the biggest servers in minecraft. It is allowed in most -If not all servers and is included In almost all Anti-Cheat Clients.
    Regarding Anti-Cheat Clients, are they allowed? Theo

7. laini

laini Ma'am Premium

IGN:
    Prxcto
    This isn't the server that it was created for. It doesn't matter that an admin of a huge server made it. It's not part of the vanilla game, meaning you'd need to have a modified version to use it. It's a hack.

8. Theo

Theo Active Member

IGN:
    Theooooo
    Clients such as cosmic client, badlion client, cheatbreaker, etc are all fine. Some of the mods, such as togglepsprint will have to be disabled, due to an unfair advantage. Just because the mod was created by the admin of a server, doesnt mean that servers rules are the same as ours.

9. Angelos

Angelos Active Member

IGN:
    crispypizza
    I understand that the rules aren't the same but it is not considered a "hack". Not all mods are. There is a difference between Mods And Hacks. If I had a Killaura Mod It Is a hack because it allows the user to do something they would not be able to do themselves. Its like saying Keystrokes mod is also a "Hack". Do you see what I'm trying to say?

10. athyrix

athyrix Senior Member Premium

The sprint hack is giving you an advantage of you not having to sprint all the time, therefore it is a hack like killaura is, it gives you advantage over other players.

11. Angelos

Angelos Active Member

IGN:
    crispypizza
    So if i put a piece of tape down my Sprint key I am good or is this also a "hack"?

12. Angelos

Angelos Active Member

IGN:
    crispypizza
    Leeeroieee I really want your opinion on this subject.

13. Theo

Theo Active Member

IGN:
    Theooooo
    I have to disagree. Hacked clients are essentially modded clients. Hacks are mods. Cheatbreaker and Wurst are both modded clients, with different purposes.

14. Bossgamer

Bossgamer Super Moderator Super Moderator

IGN:
    Bossyy
    You have had multiple staff give you the same answer. Basically, any hack, including autosprint, that comes from a hacked client/modded client and gives you an advantage over other players is illegal to use in the mob arena and in /warp mob. All the staff will tell you the same thing.

15. Lycel

Lycel Senior Member

IGN:
    Lycel
    If we're using the traditional definitions of hack and mod, to mod(ify) is to create a file or program to alter gameplay, and to hack is to access the files of a game (or of a server, person, institute etc). Modifiers require hackers to give them access to the code, but a hack is not an alteration of a game. That's a modification.

If we're using the non-traditional usage-based definitions, they're synonymous. There's no differentiation between a hacker and a modifier on Skyblock, they're both used to refer to someone who is modifying their game. If we're moving on to the definition of cheats, well to cheat is to give yourself an unfair advantage, which moderators have unanimously told you includes this 'auto sprint' modification.

If you're looking for clarification regarding how that particular modification is considered cheating, consider that mob arena is supposed to be entirely skill-based gameplay. If part of that gameplay is pressing (or putting a heavy object on) your Control key, then bypassing this in any way is giving you an advantage. The same goes for auto-clicking. We're not going to stop you putting one of those thirsty birds on your keyboard and making it click for you. Frankly, that would probably (like most physical modifications) trouble you more than it would help. We will stop you from using a modification to forgo clicking at all. It's a skill to gauge the health of your teammates and of your opposition, so a health gauging mod would also provide you with an unfair advantage.

Given you were asking for staff opinion, and five moderators (a pretty huge number considering our small team) have responded, can this thread be closed yet? I believe we've fairly thoroughly explained the issue.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
  16. Angelos

Angelos Active Member

IGN:
    crispypizza
    I still want Leeeroieee's opinion on this subject. He told me in game that they didn't run in any problems with the mod so far so it should be fine.

17. Krissy

Krissy hyyh Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

The only way to solve this is to actually ensure the rules are clear. Mods have always been permitted without restriction unlike hacks. So to backflip now, regardless if some mods and hacks overlap, is going to be confusing for most users.

So if the rules are changing, make them clear.
    Also whats the point in fighting this? Just don't use any mod that automates movement and combat.

18. athyrix

athyrix Senior Member Premium

The rules are clear, there’s a thread on the mob arena that I made and Theo posted the link earlier, Mob Arena Rules and Information | Skyblock Forums

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.