Global Allow Hoppers to take items from Chest Shops

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions' started by Ghostmode, Nov 9, 2021.

1. Ghostmode

Ghostmode Member

If you make a shop, you can add items with a hopper or dropper but can not take out items with a hopper,
    this is to prevent stealing.

A sign can be added to the hopper by the owner of the shop to allow items to pass though.
    This can be useful to allow other co-members to access items that are sold.
    This can also be used to reduce lag/ how? Look at second Image
    [​IMG]

This is does the exact same thing as the image above but as shown requires a lot of Redstone and 4 hoppers instead of just 1 to produce a shop that other members can access or filter out items.
    [​IMG]

I make quite a-bit of Redstone systems and would prefer just to add a hopper on the bottom of a chest shop to help reduce lag, as this is a core component and requires a lot of these to filter out items.

All this Redstone is used to give out loans, all that Redstone would be reduced by 95% if hoppers where allowed to take out items from chest shops. Not only would it reduce the amount of Redstone, but allow the majority of players to make similar Redstone with much more ease, and open up more ideas or improve current ones
    [​IMG]

(This may be a lot of Redstone but I make everything very efficient to reduce lag, mainly static Redstone not mainly dynamic)
    (This was just something that I notice while building that it would be more effective to just allow hoppers to take items from chest shops to reduce lag in the long term rather then people building )

This does not add lese vanilla to the game, but rather remove some of the limitations that are added to prevent theft from chest shops with hoppers.

• Support Support x 2
  2. Ghostmode

Ghostmode Member

Example of how much Redstone it would take make a machine that can give out loans/ or receive loan

[​IMG]

Compared to the Redstone it would take normally

[​IMG]