Adjacent blocks such as wall, fence, double chest not working

Discussion in 'Help Archive' started by bzacon, Feb 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bzacon

bzacon Member

Hi, I've recently returned to skyblock, and I can't seem to get fences to connect, doors to hold an orientation (usually top shows open and bottom shows closed, and double doors cannot be placed) Double chests also do not work. Is this a known issue? It seems to affect many types of blocks, notably those whose orientation or shape depends on adjacent blocks. Would really love to find a solution.

--bzacon

Attached Files:

2. Monster_Sparklez

Monster_Sparklez Yee yee Bubba Premium Premium

IGN:
    Monster_Sparkles
    Are you playing in 1.13? If you are try switching to 1.12.2 for the best playing experience it should be fixed in 1.12.2

3. fran

fran pensive Premium

IGN:
    franfiction
    As Monster said, the server works best in 1.12.2, although all version between 1.8 and 1.12.2 work fine!

4. bzacon

bzacon Member

Thanks for the info, I will try it now. Could this also be why sheep are not breeding when stacked?

5. bzacon

bzacon Member

That made a world of difference, but sheep still aren't breeding :( when I right click on a (stack of) sheep with wheat in hand, all of the sheep take the wheat and nothing else happens.

6. Cyk753

Cyk753 Super Moderator Super Moderator Staff Applicant Advisor

I think to breed mobs, keep them on separate leads.

Actually mob stacking is by design. Mobs combine and are treated as one stack. This is to help with lag issues. Instead of the server calculating movements for, let's say 100,000 sheep, it calculates movement for just one.

If you shear the sheep, only one pops off the stack as sheared. Shear more sheep of the same color and the stack of shorn sheep grows. Nice thing is, once that stack of sheep it grass, the whole stack has wool again.

Difficult thing is that, for each sheep you want to color, you need a dye. So that part of the game stays the same.

In general, you can attack a stack of mobs one by one, but if there is enough fall damage, the entire stack dies together. And you will get drops equivalent to all the mobs that were in the stack, except only one type of mob loot was chosen from the table.

I believe mobs auto combine when they are within about 6 spaces away from each other.

I will add a link to another server post as a reference when i can find it.

7. bzacon

bzacon Member

I fully understand that mob stacking is intentional. My issue is that either I am missing some crucial detail of the mechanic, or breeding just doesn't work with stacks. I only have about 8 sheep (3 colors) and I'm unable to breed them at all, seemingly because they cannot *interact* once they are stacked...

8. Cyk753

There's some sort of limit on breeding. Best to ask Leee on that issue. Because there was a limit on breeding (number of animals per chunk) before. Leee has posted recently on the issue. Not exactly sure what the fix was though.

Skyblock Update - January 25, 2019 | Skyblock Forums

I recommend creating a breeding pair of animals way apart from the rest of your animals.

Example:

Keep your pen of stacked mobs on one corner of your island. Put 2 mobs on separate leads on another corner of your island. When they make a baby, bring that baby back to where your pen of stacked mobs are.

9. bzacon

bzacon Member

Thanks for all your help, I'd done some searching and got this concept working to an extent. Just gotta work out little details now:) It's extra cringy with how inconvenient it is to make more dyes, but definitely very doable...

10. Cyk753

Glad to help out :D

11. fran

fran pensive Premium

IGN:
    franfiction
    Hey, bzacon ! If you are in skyblock survival or classic skyblock, remember that donor250/skytitans can spawn coloured sheep! (I don't know if this is working on survival). Apart from that, I've seen flower machines which make a lot of dye in a few seconds.

When I get home (Sunday), I'd be happy to spawn in some sheep for you.

Happy skyblocking! :D

12. Cyk753

13. bzacon

bzacon Member

Thanks everyone! I'm not of means to donate to that extent, but I play on all three servers, and am at the 25 level on skyblock survival. I believe I was also a small donor on skyblock economy back when I played a couple years ago. Just want to figure out how to play effectively. The sheep workaround of shearing to get one separate seemed to work, but now all 3 of my cows are stacked and it seems there's no way to get the cattle to breed :( anyone aware of how this works? already bought cow spawn eggs twice because a tree grew into one of the first cows...

14. fran

fran pensive Premium

IGN:
    franfiction
    Can't help right now with that since I'm on holidays but have you tried putting a lead?

Careful with the double posting cykk

15. bzacon

bzacon Member

Yes, but all three of my cattle are on one lead, and I cannot separate them to breed. Do I just need to buy a 2nd pair of cow eggs and just keep each of those cows on separate leads also? With sheep I'm just keeping a breeding pair of different colors so they don't combine (they are on leads) and can shear one to separate if sheeps get grouped, but no solution is clear for cows.

16. Cyk753

Since this thread has been inactive for at least thirty days, it will be locked and/or archived. This is to prevent grave digging, the act of posting on a thread that has not been posted on for a month.

If you own this thread, please report this post, and the moderator may unlock the thread for your use. If you disagree to this action, please report this post, and a moderator or administrator will reconsider it.

Kind regards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.