Adding the end, without issues.

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions Archive' started by Megacrusher4200, Oct 13, 2018.

?

Is this a good idea?

1. Yes

30.8%
  2. No

46.2%
  3. Unsure (some parts I agree with)

23.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Megacrusher4200

Megacrusher4200 Well-Known Member

I know that there have been many threads regarding the end, and many suggestions that direct towards adding it—including this one. But I have thought of a twist that wouldn’t hurt the economy.

When people state that an end should be added, immediately you think of everything wrong. But I have a fix. I call it: “Superflat End”.

So what is this? Basically this should be a large/infinite superflat end. No dragon. No elytra. No end cities. Nothing like that. Just a quiet, superflat realm that repeats a pattern that grows a world based off of explored chunks.

What it looks like: if you have ever played a superflat world, you’ll understand how much freedom you get. The idea is an infinite land consisting of endstone and maybe enderman. Nothing rare. That would be too much.

The difficult part: you can’t create a new world based off of the end except with a modified world pattern because other issues would arise. The dragon would be back. End cities would still exist somewhere. It has to be a regular world except all grass or dirt is replaced with endstone (a model, not what you actually would need to do.) Id love to help contribute with this project if I get the opportunity to.

Thank you for reading my suggestion!

• No Support No Support x 4
    • Support Support x 3
    • Neutral Neutral x 2
  2. Monster_Sparklez

Monster_Sparklez Yee yee Bubba Premium Premium

IGN:
    Monster_Sparkles
    neutral I just don't think we need it and it would ruin the eco for end stone

3. Marcy

Marcy Apostlé of Falcons Premium

IGN:
    Marcawn
    No Support,

This would ruin Ender Pearls and Endstone Economy.

4. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    lol how many end suggestions are there?
    I'm staying with Neutral as I said before

5. Devannn_

Devannn_ Beyoncé Moderator

IGN:
    Devannn_
    LOL, I know right!

I'm going to go with No Support on this one.
    I don't like the idea of having a flat End. Also, having a world with just Endstone and possibly Endermans will just ruin the economy for Endstone and Ender Pearls. Lee will have to find a new seed and reset the End, as well as the Nether, too.

6. Blyx

Blyx Senior Member

IGN:
    Blyx_
    As I said in one of the other end suggestion threads I really like the suggestion of the end, but there’s multiple issues with it.

I don’t understand how people will get to the end without having their own portals unless there’s a communal one at spawn. The problem that arises with communal spawns in a world where items can be broken means that people can break and destroy the spawn point and make it dangerous for other players.

At the point you’re making it a superflat world, it’s entirely about Endstone. Endstone can be bought at /warp trade, and it’s not that widely used in builds. /warp mob also has endermen (or at least used to!) so you can go there for endermen drops.

To conclude I feel as if the addition of the end would be more trouble that it’s worth seen as the main purpose of it in survival is for the enderdragon and the Exp. It’s a drain on server resources that could be better spent elsewhere, so no support.

7. lowfps10

lowfps10 Active Member

IGN:
    lowfps10
    Neutral
    The ender pearl and endstone economy would be ruined, unless the drop rate was very, VERY, low.

At least the economy for elytras, purpur, etc. wouldn't be affected

8. 52Phenomenon

52Phenomenon Super Moderator Super Moderator Events Manager

IGN:
    52Phenomenon
    I'll have to say no support. Having a flat end world is just a big end stone farm which I don't really see any point in. Plus I assume there would be one public portal (maybe at spawn), which would be problematic, it's bound to get destroyed and made so players fall or other stuff. I think adding the end is more trouble than it's worth and I think just having the nether is fine for now.

9. ItsRed

ItsRed Well-Known Member

IGN:
    HeyItsRed
    neutral because where would we get end portal frames and ender eyes arent to easy to come by so im unsure

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.