Declined Add the ability to place silk touch books on weapons

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions Archive' started by archerexpert777, Dec 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. archerexpert777

archerexpert777 Senior Member

IGN:
    simparch777
    So this has been bothering me for some time. I am currently working on improving my massive airplane one of the improvements is adding cobwebs. Unfortunately breaking a cobweb will give you a piece of string, and that if I do want to change something, it would be a pain in the butt to harvest more strings and slimes. I bought a silk touch book and tried applying it to a stone sword and it won't work. So my point is to able to add silk touch to weapons.

I'll post a screenshot later of what I mean.

Let me know of the idea, it would be extremely helpful for people working with cobwebs on decoration especially during the Halloween time, as they are associated with that. And all the restrictions on silk touch on other tools will be the same on weapons. Shouldn't be that hard to add actually :p

• Support Support x 1
  2. lowfps10

lowfps10 Active Member

IGN:
    lowfps10
    Support
    In reality, /enchant should be able to enchant our tools with silk touch, hope this gets added

3. Monster_Sparklez

Monster_Sparklez Yee yee Bubba Premium Premium

IGN:
    Monster_Sparkles
    Support I think it works on economy me iv seen it work with axes and sharpness but that like goes together but this would be cool

4. Marcy

Marcy Apostlé of Falcons Premium

IGN:
    Marcawn
    Support, Swords need to have silk touch to get cobwebs.

5. Leeeroieee

Leeeroieee Well-Known Member Premium

IGN:
    Leeeroieee
    Shears are the correct tools to use to mine cobwebs without breaking them.

In contrast with the /classic server, which allowed you to apply any enchantment to any item via a simple command, for the /skyblock server (and now the /economy server) it was decided that to keep the game challenging, silk touch may only be applied via standard Minecraft mechanics, such as an enchanting table or using an anvil to apply enchanted books to tools, weapons, and armor based on standard rules for the applicability and available levels for each enchantment.

We should not need to change to the game design or core mechanics to allow nonstandard enchants on weapons when a simpler solution already exists.

For these reasons, we must respectfully decline this suggestion.

Thank you so much for taking the time to make a suggestion, though! We hope you'll keep thinking of ways to help make the server better for everyone! :)

This thread has been moved to the Server Gameplay Suggestions Archive | Skyblock Forums. The thread starter may report this post with 90 days if they are dissatisfied with this action, and a moderator or administrator will reconsider it.

Kind regards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.