Add-on the affects of soul sand and magma blocks on water source blocks

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions' started by SupremoShine298, Dec 6, 2019.

Tags:
  1. SupremoShine298

SupremoShine298 Active Member

I'm not sure if something like this has already been suggested, but adding on soul sand and magma blocks' affects on water source blocks (from version 1.14 I think) could really improve transportation speed around your island (I'm not sure if this would cause serious lag or not, that might explain why it isn't on the server already). I meant this to be specified at water elevators because they are the easiest and fastest way to go to different layers of your island. Not having this in my opinion is a problem, and I'm positive if this was implemented into the server, it would improve the quality of most players' islands. Of course, if it caused lag, then that would be self-explanatory.

• Support Support x 1
    • No Support No Support x 1
  2. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

The server is 1.12.2 and the old water mechanics exist. I don't think forcing new water mechanics would not be useful to people who have built things which may be affected by the new ones and cause confusion for anyone trying to build 1.12.2 builds. The best way for this to work would be if the server is updated.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. SupremoShine298

Sorry, I just realized that I posted this in the wrong suggestion section xD sorry about that. But I think that it's an easy fix for someone to simply change their block of soul sand or magma block out with another block that does the same job as it. It wouldn't be too hard for someone to simply swap the blocks, and if it's absolutely necessary for someone to keep their magma or soul sand block on their creation, they could just make their water source block into a flowing water block, which would cancel the new affect of the magma/soul sand block on the water.

4. InfiniteShop

InfiniteShop Active Member

IGN:
    InfiniteShop
    Support, this would allow many more creations about water system; faster traveling.

5. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

Not all creations that would be affected by the change involve soul sand or magma blocks. People would have made builds that work on 1.12 because this is the servers version. Changing any game mechanic would likely be beyond the developers, but also if it were possible it would impact current builds that use 1.12 mechanics.
    As I said, the only way to have 1.13+ water mechanics so people can make magma block lifts and other various builds would be to update the entire server to 1.13+

6. Lz

Lz Well-Known Member

It would be possible, but the effort of implementation is not worth the result in my opinion. Increasing entity speed commonly leads to strange behavior. This is especially concerning as you mentioned on current builds, since the server is heavily reliant on water due to the hopper limit.

A good idea, but I don't see an easy implementation.

7. SupremoShine298

Would it be possible to implement the single mechanics of the soul sand and magma on water instead of every new mechanic that it came with in 1.14+? Just the one mechanic that does the job and not the other extra ones from other versions? I don't know how the programming and plugins work exactly, so forgive me if that's not possible. Also, I do understand that this would be quite hard for the developers to do, and I do understand your arguments that it might be beyond them to do.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2019