Implemented Add "Allow Flying" to /settings

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions Archive' started by badpeteno, Nov 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. badpeteno

badpeteno Well-Known Member

IGN:
    BadPeteNo
    Good ideas are simple.

Being able to prevent players from using /fly on your island would allow for really cool adventure maps where you pay to enter and may get prizes at the end. Or just good fun.

The balance question is if the island owner or coop members should still be allowed to /fly and based on current /settings related to redstone I would assume yes.

• Support Support x 11
    • Neutral Neutral x 2
    • No Support No Support x 1
  2. Agent

Agent not really an agent Premium

IGN:
    Agentyy
    Though I do like this idea, I have to think back to how /fly is a donor perk and if creating this would take away from this perk. I would also like to know the answers to the following questions before this possibly gets implemented: Would Staff Members be able to bypass this? (though it may seem like it is not necessary, handling griefs/loots is not as efficient without fly) How would your balance question be answered? (a set answer would be best rather than seeing how it plays out, in my opinion). I'm currently neutral, though I am leaning towards support.

3. badpeteno

IGN:
    BadPeteNo
    Staff need bypass for audit reasons (though for fun they should honor it for adventure games). Not an option or this feature would never work.

If the owner of the island loses fly also, this realistically results in this being a perm that will only be used by the very rich (on an alt island after they build with /fly) or new-ish players (who don't have /fly). Mid-tier players with fly wouldn't deal with the bother and in general, /settings don't apply to the owner when interaction is involved. Fun idea, but it would likely only complicate dev work.

I will say that every time the server has reset and I start back over, I wish I could keep visitors in a box of my choosing while I build my island and restricting /fly would help.

4. badpeteno

IGN:
    BadPeteNo
    "before you unlock the secrets of my spooky mystery cave and win your diamond you must parkour past the --- oh and you just flew over it... that's fine, spam the chest. steal my stonks... guess we can't have nice things"

5. Dexuby

Dexuby Active Member

IGN:
    Dexuby
    Implemented it on the dev server.

6. Ca1

Ca1 Senior Member

Great hopefully this eliminates/mostly eliminates flying to locked islands :D

7. Pillow

Pillow blanky Premium

IGN:
    Pilberry
    If I'm honest, yeah I like this idea but along with what Agent said, how would this impact the flyhacking rules that you bypass with the permission of /fly, would you be allowed to elytrafly etc on islands with it off?

8. Ca1

Ca1 Senior Member

In areas where fly is not allowed/disabled (nether, warp mob, ma j, warp xmas/halloween) fly hacks are also not allowed as per if you did not have the perk.

9. Prometheus

Prometheus Active Member Premium

IGN:
    PrometheusTheMad
    This would be extremely beneficial as alot of players use fly to access places on other people's islands where they sometimes don't want them.

I also love the idea of being able to implement parkour etc where they cant cheat and use fly

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.