Add a PvP arena!

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions Archive' started by Tartaruga, Aug 17, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tartaruga

Tartaruga Member

Skyblock already has /ma j, the mob arena. We should add a player arena. Here’s how it would work:

The Style: Battle Royale themed, last person standing wins.
    Gameplay: Similar to ma j, everyone can pick a kit they use in game. The items from the kit are the only items you get in the entire game, and drops from other players (likely only the food). Every kit will include food to restore lost health.
    The Map: It should be a large space giving players room to run and hide if needed, but still having the pressure of dangers. After some thinking, I think a city-style arena would work best. Giving players buildings to go in aswell as height advantages. Another idea is a plains theme, with hills and occasional shacks and wood lodges to go in.
    The Prize: The prize should range from grass to rare items, and to blocks like wood or cobblestone.

No support: 3
    Feel free to add suggestions.

- TartarugaT

• Neutral Neutral x 1
    • No Support No Support x 1
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
  2. laini

laini Ma'am Premium

IGN:
    Prxcto
    As much as I think this could potentially be a good idea, these are the reasons I don't support.
    - Players accuse others of hacking, and moderators would have to spend more time spectating the arena.
    - At one point inventory items were lost even when players were promised that keepinventory was on. This could be another problem.
    - People would also be able to PVPLog, essentially being extremely unfair for their competition.
    No support, reasons stated.

3. Emerald

Emerald Senior Member

IGN:
    TheEpicEmerald
    As much as this is a great idea, I would have to agree with Laini on this for the obvious reasons, no support.

4. Tartaruga

Tartaruga Member

Would 1v1s be easier do create?

5. Monster_Sparklez

Monster_Sparklez Yee yee Bubba Premium Premium

IGN:
    Monster_Sparkles
    we already have a pvp arena you have to fly around the world and find it and u can tp people to pvp but like laini said to many people accuse people of hacking so no support

6. Tartaruga

Tartaruga Member

I’m not talking about ma j, but I’m curious to see what you’re talking about. Thanks for your response.

7. 52Phenomenon

52Phenomenon Super Moderator Super Moderator Events Manager

IGN:
    52Phenomenon
    I think he's talking about classic: there was a PvP arena on there but the warp was removed, however, the actual build itself is still there if you fly around and find it (I may have the coordinates somewhere) and PvP is actually still enabled there

Anyway, no support due to the reasons of moderating it, the accusations of hacking, etc. As much as I'd love it (like a lot of people) there are too many problems it could and probably would cause

8. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    Well I'm sticking to no support because more people will be accused of hacks and mods have to waste their time catching even more hackers. So thats why we can enable pvp on our island via /settings and /pvp, much better.

9. Marcy

Marcy Apostlé of Falcons Premium

IGN:
    Marcawn
    No Support,

Some People might be hacking and we have PVP on our Islands, and people might complain that they lost their items in pvp.

10. Annn

Annn yoongi Premium

IGN:
    AN_AM
    No Support.

This is a skyblock server we play on, not some kind of fortnite one. The idea is nice and all but remember that the server is mainly a skyblock server.

11. Devannn_

Devannn_ Beyoncé Moderator

IGN:
    Devannn_
    No Support.
    - People falsely accuse players of hacking.
    - This would be another area that Staff will have to constantly moderate (they do enough for us).
    - People hack, making it unfair for those who want to play fairly.
    I'm sure there are more reasons to this but I'm just stating these ones.
    It is a nice suggestion but I don't think it should be added. You've got to remember that this is a Skyblock Server.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.