Add 1.4+ items into the server.

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions' started by iiF4D3 :), Jan 17, 2020.

1. iiF4D3 :)

iiF4D3 :) Member

IGN:
    iiF4D3
    As you might have known, minecraft recently added new features like bees, honey blocks, hives, and a lot of other things into minecraft. I thought about making this suggestion when the villager & pillager updates were taking in. However, at that time, I thought it could be disruptive the economy and server it self. However, it would be nice to enjoy some nice new things that mojang created. I think it would also boost the economy of skyblock by a bit since new items are taking in and more people are buying, selling or trading them.

By any means, please do not hate on me for asking for this, it is only my perspective of thinking. If you agree or disagree, let me know.

thanks, regards
    iiF4D3

• No Support No Support x 4
    • Neutral Neutral x 3
  2. Archie38

Archie38 Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Archie38
    This shiz has been requested a few times. There ain't really a point as we have always held a good profile as a "vanilla" skyblock server, and vanilla as a "stereotype" (idk the right word), is mostly items under 1.12 etc. The new blocks just make minecraft feel weird. No support.

3. iiF4D3 :)

IGN:
    iiF4D3
    Oh, I never knew it was a vanilla server, but it could change I kinda agree it makes minecraft feel weird, but it would still have some advantages of it.

also, skyblock is availlable in 1.4.4

4. Archie38

Archie38 Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Archie38
    No worries. Yeah that's our main reason for new players, new skyblock is too modded. Skyblock 1.14.4 is 3rd party nonsense btw.

5. NorthYYY

NorthYYY Active Member

They cant just update it like that, a lot goes into one of the updates. They have to change the Skyblock plugin (this can take months and/or years), have to wait for all the plugins that they use to also update i.e. Mob arena, skyblock lot, chat stuff, trade shops, and much more. And finally you can add things from future versions because plugins and mods are very different. Mods allow for texturing and adding custom entities, Plugins use game mechanics to an advantage.

6. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

This suggestion would mean updating the server to 1.14 and of course that means updating all custom plugins, testing and making sure nothing gets lost or broken. Implementing custom items is possible but also a lot of work for devs.

7. RedstoneTrails

RedstoneTrails Moderator Moderator

IGN:
    RedstoneTrails
    It would be interesting to see, but would take extreme amounts of work to move the server to a newer Minecraft version, and possibly be very damaging to overall server performance, as 1.14+ chunk loading methods and generation are not very optimized.
    The server Skyblock plugin is developed in-house. Any of the ones available are created by other users/developers. Most of the ones available, especially the most mainstream 1.13+ Skyblock plugin, are very poorly designed and written. Would be a mess to try and use those on our servers, so we'd definitely write our own if we were to upgrade to a newer version.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
  8. iiF4D3 :)

IGN:
    iiF4D3
    ok thx for your information

9. No longer on forums

No longer on forums Member

Don't you mean 1.14