Declined Ability to Sell Direct to Shop through a Chest Sign setup

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions Archive' started by The__Joker, Mar 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The__Joker

The__Joker Member

IGN:
    The__Joker
    Right now, in economy, a lot of it is built around Profit Farms to earn Money.

Would be possible to allow for some form of integration in to "signs" on Chests as a "shop" where it actually sells the items in that chest directly to the server shop - removing the hassle of running back and forth to the /warp shop?

I would suggest maybe a single sign per island - so it would be restrictive - and also tie it in maybe to the clagg timer - allowing it not to flood the server with sales.

It would take the contents of the chest (double) and sell them automatically to the shop @ the prices of /warp shop.

Possibly consider allowing it at a lower rate - or even at a lower rate?

It would allow some freedom to develop better islands.

So it might look like, on the sign:

Line 1: [Player_Name]
    Line 2: [Shop]
    Line 3: [Sell]

Just a thought :)
    Cheers
    The__Joker

• No Support No Support x 4
    • Neutral Neutral x 1
  2. Calidre

Calidre Experienced Member

IGN:
    Calidre
    I don’t necessarily think this is a good idea but it could work. Firstly, There’s an easy to use the /back command for donors (I’m pretty sure it’s a donor perk to have access to it) that’s simple to do so you can just go back and forth from /warp shop and your chests at your island.

Besides that fact, basically all large farms and current players who make millions of balance from their farms, don’t even use /warp shop prices. They have so much farming potential they only use /sell all and if they had access to a shop that could basically be almost the same amount of effort for more than double the earnings.

But, if like you suggested make it timed or even just make it the same price as /sell all rather than the warp shop prices, might not be a bad idea especially for newer players/non-donors

3. MorayEel

MorayEel Active Member Premium

IGN:
    MorayEel
    I don't see use for this as /back is already a means of going back and forth between your island and /warp shop.

4. otter360

otter360 Active Member

IGN:
    otter360
    /back is a command only available to players with the rank of VIP or higher

5. Ca1

Ca1 Senior Member

No support, as it would be adding more mechanics to the server which may be confusing to new players starting. Many SkyBlock servers have this feature and adding it would make us less unique.

6. Grips23

Grips23 Active Member

IGN:
    Grips23
    something like island/chunk hoppers would be helpful perhaps?, these plugins greatly reduce the impact entities can have, a lot of "vanilla" (depending on how you feel about Redstone plugins at least) eco servers have them to combat entities issues/redstone while leaving everything else untouched

7. Adriansop

Adriansop Moderator Moderator

IGN:
    Adriansop
    Warp shop was meant to force players to walk a distance in order to make extra profit, to make them a bit more active instead of being afk all the time. Its purpose might not be as effective as hoped, but making that shop more easily accessible to everyone means skybucks will enter the server at a higher rate. That's just free money, but inflated. How much does that benefit the economy? There's always an alternative method to automated selling, which is /sell all

8. bubloe

bubloe Experienced Member

IGN:
    bubloe
    i think this is a cool idea! although i do agree with what sop said as i feel like profit farms are used only if you actually work to make the money which means going back and forth for the extra profit.
    ima go neutral for now :cat:

9. eunice

eunice epiphany Premium

No support.

I think this is a cool and unique idea definitely but I this would just continue to encourage players to afk,,

10. The__Joker

The__Joker Member

IGN:
    The__Joker
    Fair enough all - you can close this.

The Croppers is a good call though :) Just need to get em working :D

11. Mai

Mai serendipity Discord Moderator Premium Premium

Thank you for creating a suggestion!
    Unfortunately after looking at it we have decided that we will not be adding this feature. We felt like this would not be possible or needed in-game, so your suggestion has been declined. Feel free to create a new suggestion, we're always looking for new additions!
    This thread has been locked and moved to Server Gameplay Suggestions Archive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.