Economy A way to check the redtsone limit

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions' started by UrsusMaiorus, Oct 13, 2020.

1. UrsusMaiorus

UrsusMaiorus Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Ursusmaiorus
    Like a /redstone or something tells me how many ticks per 10 seconds i'm getting out of 1750 maybe like as a percent?
    this is good so i don't build too big a farm and over do the limit and have take it down

• Support Support x 8
    • Neutral Neutral x 2
  2. eunice

eunice epiphany Premium

support, definitely.

although i'm not a redstone person i know that people do struggle w/ the redstone limits

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Slybudda

Slybudda THE GOAT Premium

IGN:
    Slybudda
    I don't understand Redstone but I know how much you all love it so im supporting this post to get you guys happy :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. UrsusMaiorus

IGN:
    Ursusmaiorus
    bumperino

5. Corpsedingle

Corpsedingle Member

I support this. Would be amazing to know where you're at instead of building a farm and realizing it wont work

6. UrsusMaiorus

IGN:
    Ursusmaiorus
    exactly

7. badpeteno

badpeteno Well-Known Member

IGN:
    BadPeteNo
    I support this though implementation would be difficult. Unless you have a new item that displays something in the UI while holding it, you'd need to post a command to chat to get the return for the last 10 seconds. Did your farm pulse in that time? Did it pulse twice?

Perhaps an approach would be that /redstone returns the highest it got in that chunk in the last 60 seconds. That could still potentially be a little too much bloat.

Again, 100% support just don't see a clean way for the devs to deliver.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. KhalDrogo

KhalDrogo Experienced Member

IGN:
    Drogo
    Drogo has a few chunks that have a fast pulse running but they have very little red stone in it. So little that it’s pretty much impossible to hit the limit. Drogo suspects that after periods of lag, the game plays catch up and the red stone is flashing at an increased rate. This often happens after a restart. It’s not so much the average red stone rate but these extremes that shut our red stone down so a command as your requesting won’t help much. What we need is a change from 1750/10 secs to 3500/20 secs. This way the permitted rate remains the same but as the number of ticks per second is averaged over a longer period, it is less likely to limit red stone due to these extreme fluctuations. And in doing so, it will function more as is intended.

• Agree Agree x 1