Implemented A trash sign/command

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions Archive' started by trinity, Apr 7, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trinity

trinity selene Discord Moderator Premium

IGN:
    sunflow27
    Whenever you're opening crates, we all know the feeling of getting stacks of cobblestone and everything else you don't want. I think a /trash command, that opens up to a double chest space that you can just throw your trash in, and it just goes away. If not a command, then a sign near the crates would be awesome. It would be so convenient to be able to get rid of it there without having to go back and forth to throw out your stacks of cobblestone.

• Support Support x 19
    • Neutral Neutral x 1
  2. Gamzee24

Gamzee24 Loner Premium

IGN:
    Gamzee2448
    but... but... cobblestone is lovely :pleading: jk support

3. skaM

skaM Well-Known Member

I absolutely love this idea. I was just think about this being a thing too but for a completely different reason.

All too often I find myself placing grass and then breaking it, resulting in a useless dirt block. I don't really build much anymore and it's annoying how I cannot just drop it and forget about it; understand the reasoning for this security measure is so that dirt trading is harder to achieve.

I think it would be a great idea to be able to do /trash or /bin and be able to toss in the useless dirt so I don't have to worry about storing it knowing very well that I will never use it.

Currently, my solution for this problem is to go to a nondisclosed location and place the dirt and break it and have the chunk loading during clear lag time.

Support! Wonderful idea trin!
    :)

4. XDark50X

XDark50X Active Member

IGN:
    CrepX
    I dont think that its that big of a deal to jut go back to your island, drop it and come back. But this would be helpfull anyways! Good idea. I was thinking maybe they could add the \clear command for theese kind kf situations.

5. trinity

IGN:
    sunflow27
    While it isn’t if it’s just 3-4 keys, for shops who buy them to open them or for people who collect stacks at a time, it’s quite inconvenient to have the cobblestone filling up your inventory. I opened up 14 keys today and had to empty my inventory twice. Even if it’s not necessarily for voter keys - for various other reasons it’s good too. (Like Skam mentioned.)

6. Queen

Queen Well-Known Member

IGN:
    QueenxAlex
    No it is a very big deal.

Support

7. LeoSteel

LeoSteel Active Member

I'll happily support a cobblestone trash shop at spawn that deletes cobble, but I can see so many issues caused from a /trash command where people delete the wrong things etc... (I of course accept it would be through their own negligence and I foresee that response, but sometimes people make mistakes and this command would add another mistake opportunity) Support for Trash sign at spawn, not so much for a trash command (In it's current suggested form).

8. skaM

skaM Well-Known Member

I would hope if I did /trash and put a 2018 Pink Noobcrew DP head in it would pull up a prompt what would ask me if I really wanted to throw this away giving the warning blah blah once your accept there are no take backs.

9. luka

luka macdondalds Moderator Premium

IGN:
    Houzo
    i support.

10. GAWDFADDA

GAWDFADDA Member

IGN:
    gawdfadda
    how did u rainbow ur skygod dood

11. GAWDFADDA

GAWDFADDA Member

IGN:
    gawdfadda
    i support , whether a way to quickly deposit on to ur island, or a laca spoyt to trash, it woould be greatly convenient for people cashing in bulk keys. plus adds true value to cobble s it may be less stockpiled:)

12. luka

luka macdondalds Moderator Premium

IGN:
    Houzo
    back in 2016 when I got that rank it was the d250 rank. You could have your prefix as skygod or donor. Ranks were Donor10,25,50,100 then donor250 or 'skygod'. So when the announcement happened in chat it would be skygod.

13. JAWD543

JAWD543 Active Member

IGN:
    JAWD543
    This command would be nice, but not getting a inventory of cobble form every crate would be even nicer.

14. JAWD543

JAWD543 Active Member

IGN:
    JAWD543
    That got me think about a community bin. A placd like /ah where you can put your trash in and other people can just take it for free. After a couple of days if no one wants it it can just get deleted. Would be cool but would have trouble keeping up with all the trash.

15. lilCupcakeFreak

lilCupcakeFreak Well-Known Member Discord Moderator

IGN:
    lilcupcakefreak
    I open stacks and stacks at a time and to me it really isnt an issue to go to my ehome and empty out my inventory then just /toggle back and I end up where I was before. It's not even 10 seconds

16. GAWDFADDA

GAWDFADDA Member

IGN:
    gawdfadda
    ahh icey icey

17. trinity

IGN:
    sunflow27
    While I do my best to always donate cobblestone I get, there's always such a mass amount that it's kinda hard to donate it all. I use all I can for bases for builds etc but with me getting stacks in my kits too, it's a bit hard to not have enough for anything.
    I miss the community chest although I think a /trash would be more efficient - if its something like that maybe the trash can be set up like a /friend menu, where there's pages and you can check it (Kind of like how you can check a recycling bin in animal crossing) to see if there's anything you may need? (/trash could be used to access the 'bin' to throw stuff in, /trashcheck something along those lines to see whats thrown away?)
    It's not an issue for me but it annoys me greatly, coming from someone without an /ehome and who doesn't feel like throwing all of my cobblestone at my island spawn. Economy doesn't even have a rank with /esethome as well.

18. Awesomolocity

Awesomolocity Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Awesomolocity
    I actually love this idea and would absolutely support it if someone wants to make a thread. But in the meantime, /trash is a neat idea too.

19. trinity

IGN:
    sunflow27
    I meant to reply to this but forgot

While it would suck accidentally throwing away something rare/worthwhile, I feel that it would be a bit of the players fault. (Not double checking before you close the menu etc) but maybe there can be a “Are you sure you want to trash this?” Before it closes. Not just for stuff considered valuables in general, as I would hate to throw away flowers by mistake for example but others wouldnt, but maybe that warning can display everytime. Or a chat message could pop up when you type /trash, stating that the stuff once thrown away is gone for good blah blah blah. “Be careful of what you throw in here, as once you close this menu, your items will be gone”

20. LeoSteel

LeoSteel Active Member

Yeah that was just my concern, I absolutely agree it would be the players negligence, but we all have bad days, do things automatically and make mistakes.

So was only mentioning so that your suggestion could perhaps include a feature that either can rescue lost trashed items or give you the chance to double check. Like you mention a prompt or a /lnf style rescue command, just something to add a layer of protection.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.