a real island

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions' started by otg303, May 6, 2019.

?

Do you think this is a good idea?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. otg303

otg303 New Member

So my idea is player must reach specified skyblock lvl, then when a player reach it they can open a portal to an island, like real one. But player must ofc create it by they're self, maybe using glowstone and water. When player reach the specified lvl they only can create the portal and not suddenly a portal appear from knowhere. 1.13 Introduce us to fish mob and others aquatic stuff, so near the island is surrounded by beutiful coral, and maybe others like those sinking ship and small temple.

• Neutral Neutral x 3
    • No Support No Support x 1
  2. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

I like the idea of having a portal to another world. The issues I find with this is the fact having another world would likely impact performance in some way. The server is 1.12.2 so you won't be able to have 1.13 without going to a separate server anyway. It may take some effort to integrate the levelling system to unlock a certain permission to create a portal as well.
    If there is some way to have another world that allows players to chat with skyblock people yet have a different game mode experience and it doesn't impact performance then I think it would be pretty fun.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Bard

Bard Active Member

IGN:
    Audibility
    I do like the idea, but I regret to inform you that this is a skyblock server, not a waterblock server. HOWEVER, do not lose hope. I think this isn't too bad an idea, but may not pair well with how the servers currently are. Though due to the near limitless creative-aspects of the game, you could even go so far as to transform your own island into what you're describing. I don't not like it, I just don't know where it would fit into the server. Neutral.

4. MrGallifrey

MrGallifrey Active Member

IGN:
    MrGallifrey
    Bard and krissy pretty much summed up my thoughts, neutral bud.

5. Monster_Sparklez

Monster_Sparklez Yee yee Bubba Premium Premium

IGN:
    Monster_Sparkles
    Neutral we run 1.12.2 like Krissy said we would have to update our server and possible introduce some lag along with it

6. Marcy

Marcy Apostlé of Falcons Premium

IGN:
    Marcawn
    Neutral, this might make lag. (The replies above me)

7. fran

fran pensive Premium

IGN:
    franfiction
    Honestly I love this idea. Not sure if it can be implemented, but I support it for a future.

8. ItsRed

ItsRed Well-Known Member

IGN:
    HeyItsRed
    I like the idea but this would be too much for the devs and out main version is 1.12.2