A message of thankfulness and apologies

Discussion in 'Introductions & Farewells' started by Lemonade, Jul 13, 2022.

1. Lemonade

Lemonade Boss Member

IGN:
    Lemonade__
    Hi everyone : ) if you don’t know me, I used to be a mod in 2015 and for a few years after then. I played minecraft starting around 2013 and used to watch Let’s Play’s in middle school, one of which was a skyblock series from stampycat. In my attempt to recreate that feeling, I looked for a pure skyblock server and found skyblock.net. Immediately, I hyperfixated on the community and skyblock building experience, and I felt a very quick acceptance into an online community I actually had an affinity with. As a kid in middle school, I seriously looked up to the mods, and after playing for a few months, I firmly decided I wanted to be one.

I distinctly remember waking up on summer vacation one day to see that cypriotmerks was viewing Incomposed’s and Melly’s applications. Then, I saw his viewing activity say “Lemonade’s moderator application” and then saw the moderator tools pop up on the home page. Then, the next alert was a comment on my application from him saying, “Welcome to the team.” (I then started pacing around my backyard lmao)

Moderating this server was an experience I’m so, so glad to have had. When I first became a mod, I didn’t have any leadership or work experience of any kind—considering I just entered high school. I was so cautious to not mess things up with the newly found power of control over other players, which was a lot of pressure for 15-year-old me. But after enough experience, I felt like I got into a groove.

Looking back, I’m not very proud of some of my actions. My punishments were extremely harsh, and because the rules were largely up to individual discretion of each mod, I felt that I had control over what to more strictly enforce. I was not proud of muting people for three messages in a row, banning people for minor offenses, and otherwise making some players feel like they were playing a dictatorship simulator on a minecraft server. I have had many players message me in the years after I stepped down that I was their favorite mod or the best mod ever, but I can’t shake the feeling that I ruined their experience at the time of their offense. From the me today, I probably wouldn’t even consider most of those things offenses.

But I’m truly grateful for the people who were receptive to my style of moderating at the time and other mods who critiqued me in a helpful way. When I read some of my forum messages from years ago today, I cringe thinking about what went through my head because that person is not someone I would want to talk to today. But I guess that just means growth for the present me!

I just want to thank everyone who I moderated alongside, became friends with, and interacted with over the past 7.5 years. Being in an online community opened my eyes to so many circumstances I would never have otherwise encountered, some of which taught me lessons I couldn’t have learned elsewhere. It also opened my world just enough to start letting me live truly to myself. It’s so heartwarming to log onto the server today and have at least one person who I haven’t interacted with in half a decade remember me and hear how I had some impact on their life. With the number of players I messaged, I’m surprised I’ve made connections with all of them to some capacity. I will forever remember skyblock and the people I met along the way. Thank you all

• Friendly Friendly x 11
    • Cookie Cookie x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Gamzee24

Gamzee24 Loner Premium

IGN:
    Gamzee2448
    you were more fair than most mods were tbh. i never had a bad experience with u

3. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    You did ban me once for "player killing" for i think like a month? but i dont really care about it anymore

love u :heart:

4. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

I just remember how you sniped punishments because you typed faster than everyone. Good times

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Vorty

Vorty Well-Known Member

IGN:
    VortextRAM
    I didn't play during the era of you moderating, but from the few experiences I have had with you, you do seem pretty cool and I feel this apology is genuine, also its wonderful that even after many years you are apologizing for your actions, it means a lot :)
    While we are on the topic of apologizing I wanna say sorry for giving your only playerhead to a random greenie who probably never logged on again >.>

6. Lemonade

Lemonade Boss Member

IGN:
    Lemonade__
    thank you I appreciate that
    Yeah I remember that, but thank u for letting it be water under the bridge lol :heart:
    it’s actually a good conversation starter with new people I meet
    Thank you. also you’re completely fine lmao that’s so funny

7. Vorty

Vorty Well-Known Member

IGN:
    VortextRAM
    It was, however everyone else at the drop party felt a different way >.> The SC I spent was worth it though.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Ca1

Ca1 Senior Member

Hello. I feel very honoured and privileged to have been banned by such a legendary member of the community such as yourself. also I don’t think you need to be apologising to anyone :)

The appeal, For your viewing pleasure :D; Skyblock Official Site | Skyblock

9. Lemonade

Lemonade Boss Member

IGN:
    Lemonade__
    Well live and learn I guess
    that’s cute thank u
    But yeah, it’s been weighing on my mind for the past year or two so I just needed to get it out

• Like Like x 1
  10. Marcy

Marcy Apostlé of Falcons Premium

IGN:
    Marcawn
    I don't know if you remember me but you were a great staff member back in the days as I consider you were one of the friendliest staff in this server's history like with the incumbent ones Novembree Geo Souly0622 & there was some old staff members long ago who were amazing in my opinion that was a long time ago.

I used to be known as "Madbird" something like this with donor50 to donor250 as I had a obsession with birds and half of my IRL name into the username as my playtimes were 2016 and 2017.
    If I were still applying for staff and got a message from the Staff Managers I am welcome to the team my reaction would probably explode into the atmosphere of the Earth and come back down ready to be on duty. (I withdrew 3-4 months ago due to a slip that hurt my server reputation as a sign to step down.)
    There are some things I can provide staff members & players with to stop the excessive staff disrespect but It would just get me a feeling of myself teaching actual people who know what to do & what they are aware of.

The staff members I liked over the years and I miss which made myself create a list of Former Staff Members that happened almost 4 years ago. (Sept 2018)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Lemonade

Lemonade Boss Member

IGN:
    Lemonade__
    I do remember you! Really, thank you for the kind words I really appreciate it. That means a lot to me to hear

as for my soul, it did the same thing. haha

12. RedstoneTrails

RedstoneTrails Moderator Moderator

IGN:
    RedstoneTrails
    i saw you vent after, you definitely deserved it you sussy lil fella smh

13. Agent

Agent not really an agent Premium

IGN:
    Agentyy
    still appreciate you banning me and complimenting me on my ban appeal (that was in dms ofc)

14. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    NOOO!1 It wAS a JOke and my "FrIEND" toOk it SerIouSly and repoRTed me : (

15. Frez

Frez Shark Super Moderator Premium

IGN:
    frezology
    Love you lemon hehe :p:heart:

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  16. Queen

Queen Well-Known Member

IGN:
    QueenxAlex
    Yes they were extremely harsh. Just like mods still on today.

17. Lemonade

Lemonade Boss Member

IGN:
    Lemonade__
    ; )

18. Bossgamer

Bossgamer Super Moderator Super Moderator

IGN:
    Bossyy
    I still remember you banning me because eunice thought I took her grass and then me appealing in your dms because I didn’t know how to appeal properly >:C

jokes aside it was amazing moderating alongside you and you’ll always have a place in this community !!

19. Lemonade

Lemonade Boss Member

IGN:
    Lemonade__
    haha aww that was so cute

Thank you hun :heart:

20. Souly0622

Souly0622 Moderator Moderator

Ily Lemo

• Friendly Friendly x 1