Closed A disregarded opinion

Discussion in 'Discussions Archive' started by Stray Gamer, May 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stray Gamer

Stray Gamer Member

I've notice that people seem to be misunderstanding why I left the game server, but that is my fault since I didn't make it clear enough. Let's just say this server has problems and isn't popular. Don't believe me? Look at this:
    Capture.PNG
    We've had mods and other try to say the server isn't dying, or the playerbase isn't dying. You guys are in so much denial. Maybe the server isn't dying, but the playerbase is. I left for reasons that others have left, I will now explain my reasons, and clarify misconceptions:

Misconceptions:
    - "I left because I was offended"
    False, I left because of all the negativity going on in the server. I can get offended, but that's not why I left. It just came to a point where there was too much negativity and pessimism, and I feel like I deserve better. So I left the server to get away from all the bullcrap negativity that was going on.

- "I left because my mod app failed and I got no support"
    False, my mod app had nothing to do with it. None of my leaving had anything to do with my mod app. I made a mod app so that I could have a chance to help this server get back up on it's feet, and bring new ideas to the server that would help. But, I didn't show very well through my actions, and nobody believes me and they didn't want me as mod. Nonetheless, I left this server, and I run a realm server of my own and things are indeed going well there

Why I left:
    Oh my, the number of reasons I left is immense, but there is no need to get into detail of each and every reason. I'll just summarize it here:
    - I left because someone hacked one of my alts, stole some of my rares, and reset my alt's island.
    - I left because all the friends I started out with are all gone.
    - I left because this server has gone downhill ever since I started here. It used to be fun and simple. But as time wore on, the playerbase shrunk greatly. When I started, we had a playerbase of 200-250, and here we are now struggling to hold 100.
    - I left because of the reasons this server is losing it's playerbase. Why is that?

There are multiple reasons the playerbase is shrinking. Most of it is the community's fault:
    - There are some things that haven't been completed or fixed for a long time. One example being the /warp donor. I've been a donor for nearly 2 years, and to this day it has never been finished. Who knows how long before I came along that it wasn't finished either. We have had lag issues, the forums website has had issues with shutting down over and over. Rather than these issues being fixed, all that we do is beg for new stuff. The problems are ignored, and instead cyp brings new stuff into the server. All that bringing this new stuff does is temporarily covers up the pertinent issues that need fixed. In my opinion, the issues should be fixed, and warps should be completed Before new things are introduced.

- Players lack the ability to adapt. When old people leave, and new people come, some people quit. They quit only because their friends left. That's understandable though.

- Bullies, Trolls, and griefers. There are players in this community who seem to lack the ability to have common respect for other players. They don't admit to their wrongdoings, and just continue bullying others. Yes, this is the internet, but that doesn't mean what you say doesn't hurt others. It's called negativity. Humans naturally tend to cling onto negativity more than they do positivity. Let me ask those of you who use the excuse that "it's just the internet": How would you feel if every single day that you get on to play your game, there are people on there bullying you, pestering you, Stealing your hard earned in-game items, insulting you to no end, pranking you at a constant, mocking you for your character? I am sure the answer would be: I wouldn't feel very good. So quit your crappy excuse that "oh it's just the internet." That excuse doesn't justify you for your wrongdoing. Any sane person would still hold you accountable for your incredibly disrespectful actions. You trolls, you bullies, you griefers, you are the biggest problem that this server has. You should either grow up, and be respectful, or you need to leave.

- Lack of stability in the staff. A while back, one of the best mods (in my opinion) that we had was demoted for being bluntly honest with another trial moderator. There was other staff involved, and I don't know what all happened. Nonetheless, that issue hurt the server.

- Everyone likes to point fingers. people don't admit when something is their fault. I think I have this issue pretty well summed up in my profile post:
    Capture2.PNG
    this isn't me pointing fingers either, I am well aware that I did some things that I shouldn't have. But I'm not using the "oh this is just the internet" excuse to try and justify myself. I am not blaming others, or accusing others for my actions. I am not continuing to insult others as a means of ignoring what I did. *cough* *cough*

I think I have pretty well covered the reasons I left. The negativity isn't good for a person, and I would rather be somewhere else more positive than with cancerous people. If you look above at everything I mentioned, you will note that the community is the main reason this playerbase is dying. I started out with a community i was glad to be a part of, now it's not. So enough is enough. If you have considered what I have said, the best thing you can do is start by looking at yourself, and asking whether or not you are part of the problem. Maybe there is something you are doing that you need to fix. If you didn't read this, or consider it, you will probably comment down below insulting me, others. You will tell me that I am just full of crap, that don't know what I am talking about, and that what I am saying isn't true. If this is the case, then you will find out eventually, so good luck on that.

2. Wolfie

Wolfie Well-Known Member

I agree with all of your statements and opinions. We have to work on making our community be like a chain, where everyone has to be connected together. But this won't happen while some people keep breaking the chains..

3. 52Phenomenon

52Phenomenon Super Moderator Super Moderator Events Manager

IGN:
    52Phenomenon
    I'm sorry you feel this way about the community Stray.
    I became good friends with you and was sad when you decided to leave.
    I hope all is going well with your server. Drop by forums every now and again, we'll catch up in PM :).

4. Stray Gamer

Stray Gamer Member

This isn't just how I feel. This is what I know and have seen.

5. Cheesy

Cheesy Senior Member

I don't think this was entirely necessary since there were only around 2-3 people pestering you and right now you're only feeding the trolls.

I also don't think you understand the difficulty of running a server entirely, especially a skyblock server. Some of your points are really good yet there was really no point for this thread imo.

Sad to see these are the reasons you're leaving/you left. Good luck.

6. Stray Gamer

Stray Gamer Member

I guess you didnt really take time to fully consider it then. All good.
    Um I guess you didnt fully consider everything that I said. I didnt leave just because of 2-3 people. I left because of over 50 people. Not to mention that it isn't just me having these issues.

7. Rolly

Rolly Senior Member

IGN:
    Rolly__
    The average playerbase of the server is 100 which is normal, because most players are children ( Like me ) and go to school daily.

I agree with your statements on the current community tho.

8. Stray Gamer

Stray Gamer Member

The average playerbase also used to be 200. The playerbase is dying.

9. Rolly

Rolly Senior Member

IGN:
    Rolly__
    That's your opinion, can't argue with it.

10. Stray Gamer

Stray Gamer Member

That is a fact actually. The playerbase used to be 200. It used to be bigger than 200 as well. If you don't think the playerbase is dying, then you are just in denial.

11. Cheesy

Cheesy Senior Member

50 people have disrespected/harassed you? I'm now confused why no one has been banned for this.

12. Cøsyy

Cøsyy Active Member

I am sad you left Stray, we were friends for a... Short time ;)

13. Stray Gamer

Stray Gamer Member

I never said 50 people did that. I said I left because of over 50 people. If you recall, part of why I left was because all the friends I started out with left.

14. Rolly

Rolly Senior Member

IGN:
    Rolly__
    Perhaps you could ask them to come back if you have them on a social media or find new friends not just leave the server, because of others.

Again this is just my opinion.

15. Stray Gamer

Stray Gamer Member

I don't. I also didnt mention the number of people that griefed me. Like I said, there are a number of reasons I left. I didnt mention it all.

16. ILostMyKeys

ILostMyKeys Active Member

Skyblock.PNG
    Here's a Google Trends page at searches for Skyblock(.NET or .ORG) over the past 5 years. As we can all see, depending on the accuracy of Google Trends the peak was around 2o12/2013. It then began to gradually drop, but stayed relevant around 2015 and dropped near 2016.
    Let's look at Youtube. youtube.PNG
    This is showing Youtube search trends for skyblock itself. These lines correspond with some popular skyblock series online. Now, why is this different? Probably in 2012-2013 the major frenzy over Minecraft and massive Youtubers doing it. From there, it steadily dropped, but maybe a slight increase around 2016.

Skyblock.net has seen a large loss in interest over the years, and it's quite clear. Numbers have been dropping, and it's quite clear the playbase is going away, gradually. This is probably because of boredom, it's Skyblock, people will get bored after a while.

17. MikaMelody

MikaMelody Well-Known Member

when i first played SB, player base was at 300-400 and on DP days over 500

18. Jess

Jess Senior Member

IGN:
    beautiiful
    i read the first sentence and i just assume you're seeking attention

19. Stray Gamer

Stray Gamer Member

you should have read the whole thing. You proved my point that I made at the end.

20. ShiftyKG

ShiftyKG Member

The "it's just the internet" is a fine excuse, I deal with all the things you listed in the paragraph. I play csgo where I'm constantly harassed about being a lower rank, but do I care? NO! because I focus on ranking up to prove I'm better, i don't focus on the negative. I have gotten hacked on my main and alt steam accounts and lost roughly 100-200$ worth of skins and yes I am sad about it but its a virtual item, it shouldn't have that much value in your life. Pranking is a constant joke used both out of the internet and inside, they are never meant to be taken so seriously. Now harassment about a in-game character I have dealt with in garry's mod, I am a slight weeb and show it off. trolls and haters dis me and taunt me, but in the end I don't care. all because it's the internet. (This is not meant to sound like I am putting you down or anything)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.