A complaints section

Discussion in 'Forums Suggestions Archive' started by Bard, Apr 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bard

Bard Active Member

IGN:
    Audibility
    I know that we have sections for suggestions, but i believe players should have a place to put out their frusteration about the server without having to provide a backup idea or solution. This provides a way for players of any sort to vent their problems about the server without worrying about upsetting the staff(or thinking they will)

• No Support No Support x 4
    • Neutral Neutral x 3
    • Support Support x 2
  2. Lobh

Lobh Active Member

IGN:
    Lobh
    Ohh I definately support this. This might add very interesting things to read!

3. Marcy

Marcy Apostlé of Falcons Premium

IGN:
    Marcawn
    Support, it would be a better option instead of Help.

4. archerexpert777

archerexpert777 Senior Member

IGN:
    simparch777
    To be honest, I don't see the point of this as we have the discussions thread, the help thread, and the suggestions thread. Also having a complains thread would create unnecessary arguments and toxicity

5. Splat1221

Splat1221 Active Member

IGN:
    SplatBerry
    Neutral-
    This could be both good and/or bad, I’m going g Witt neutral because I wouldn't mind if this was added.

6. lowfps10

lowfps10 Active Member

IGN:
    lowfps10
    uh we could just use the discussion section

neutrality

7. Super_Dave1236

Super_Dave1236 Active Member

I'm gonna go with nah. Seems most people don't have too much trouble finding placed to "vent" as is, lol.

8. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

^
    Complaints are generally negative feedback and can be written in a hostile or argumentative way. This does not help the server become better, but hinder the progress by causing upset, or offence. There are always complaints made but notice how little good they do if they are not backed up by a solution or kindness. The key is to give constructive feedback in the form of discussion threads or suggestions as it has always been. Encouraging complaints isn't what I would deem necessary for the running of the server.

9. 52Phenomenon

52Phenomenon Super Moderator Super Moderator Events Manager

IGN:
    52Phenomenon
    I don't really see why this would be necessary. I feel like the forums doesn't need this and the current sections are fine. Also, if this was to be added, I feel like it could get quite hostile and confrontational. Not to mention that it wouldn't really help the server in any way.

10. mc_cj

mc_cj Active Member

IGN:
    mc_cj
    No support, I feel this might stress the mods a bit, and you can just complain in the suggestions section.

11. BennyDonut

BennyDonut Active Member Premium

IGN:
    BennyDonut
    No Support!

Instead of complaining we have a discussion section where all players alike can talk to their fullest on many different issues. As previous people has said complaining doesn't help but cause upset and negative feedback, we skyblockers as a whole should be civilized enough to discuss matters at hand and find solutions to problems that people are having. That is my opinion on this thread for now.

12. Bard

Bard Active Member

IGN:
    Audibility
    Ive heard a lot of the same thing and ill agree for the most part. Can someone lock and archive this

13. Michael

Michael Active Member

IGN:
    michael1234
    Before locking the thread, I would like to give a little input on this suggestion. The suggestion itself is a good idea; however, it would almost definitely have quite a few unintended consequences. The majority of players that end up using this section would most likely only use it to express their anger in harmful ways towards staff members, without really being interested in reaching a conclusion.

With that being said, I also hope that it is clear that the staff are always willing to listen to concerns, and try to reach a mutually beneficial conclusion, between all involved parties, as long as the conversation remains respectful. I completely understand that it may be intimidating to come to a staff member about various concerns, and no one should ever feel like they have to if they are not comfortable, but we are here to help. There is nothing wrong with coming to a member of the team regarding concerns you may have, through a forums or Discord private message; nothing will be held against you, even if you disagree with our or someone else's opinions. Our goal is to help players come to an understanding, or help them solve any issues they may have.

I feel that private conversations are much more effective, as it generally allows all participants to be completely honest and express their opinions, while being able to trust that in nearly all cases, the conversation will be kept between the involved participants only, eliminating the need to worry about what others would think of your opinions and/or concerns.

Thread locked on request.
    If you disagree to this action, please report this post, and a moderator or administrator will reconsider it.

Kind regards,
    The Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.