Denied _iAlex's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by alex : (, Feb 5, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alex : (

alex : ( Well-Known Member

IGN:
    _iAlex
    Introduction:
    Hi, my name is Alex, but some of you might know me as _iAlex.

I’m 17 year old who loves Minecraft! I play this server very often. I am on Skyblock 99% of the time but I usually pop into Economy once or twice a week when I get bored. I have been playing Skyblock since mid 2015 which means I have been around for quite a while :D. My main intentions of joining the staff team is to help enforce the very serious rules and regulations of this server, as well as prove to my fellow comrades that I can make it as a staff member!

What is your in-game name and Discord tag?
    My in game name is _iAlex. My discord tag is alexh#5329

What time zone are you in?
    I live in California which means my time zone is Pacific Standard Time (PST).

What languages do you speak?
    I speak 1 language, English.

Do you have the necessary means of capturing evidence?
    Yes, I have the ability to screenshot with the press of a single button, as well as screen record using my Nvidia GeForce Application that uses my graphics card to record!

How long can you be active on the server everyday?
    I can be active for 4 - 10 hours everyday of the week.

When did you first join Skyblock?

I joined Skyblock in mid 2015.

Have you ever been banned in the past?
    I was banned once for "looting" 3 of my coop mates diamonds and replacing them with a max enchanted diamond helmet. At the time I thought it was a trade in his favor but It turns out he did not like that gesture very much and ended up reporting me. Here's the link to my appeal:
    -Skyblock Official Site | Skyblock
    Notice how this ban was over 3 years ago. This was on Classic skyblock and will never happen again due to the fact I was not aware of the rules back then.

Do you have any previous moderation experience?
    Yes and no. I have not been a moderator on Skyblock.net before, but I have moderated a few small servers that are unfortunately no longer active. I have also been a moderator for multiple Twitch.tv streamers' chats.

Why do you think you should become a staff member?

1. Well Informed
    I am very well informed when it comes to the rules and regulations of this server and will remain very well informed as time goes on.

2. Dedicated to Skyblock
    I have been playing this server consistently for about 4 and a half years! This means that I will not be going anywhere anytime soon and I am ready to fulfill a staff role.

3. Chill and Approachable

Unlike other players on this server, I'd like to say that I am pretty Chill and Approachable. I love meeting new Skyblockers, and commonly crack jokes to show friendliness.

4. Generous

When it comes to generosity on this server, I'd like to rank myself as top 10 biggest donators. My intention of this is not to "flex" my earnings, but it is very common for me to drop stacks of grass on newer players. Since my wealth status on this server is moderately higher than the average player, donating is not uncommon.

5. Comedic
    I am usually quite the comedian if I'd say so myself. I try my best to make people laugh with silly jokes that I find funny. Even though they may not be funny sometimes, I will always put in the effort to try and crack a funny joke.

Do you meet the requirements for staff?
    Yes I do.

Addressing the Elephant in the Room:
    I understand some active Skyblockers may dislike me for my what they've seen of my personality and may have a bone to pick with me at times, but I can assure you that most of the reasons you have to dislike me are all misunderstandings. I tend to joke a lot in global chat. Most of these are inside jokes with some of my other friends which means they could potentially be taken the wrong way if you are not aware of what the inside joke is. The reason for this is because I have been semi-freely expressing my thoughts and feelings about certain political views which was a mistake. I should've never expressed any political views I have and I hope to be forgiven for this. I am also aware of multiple pranks I have pulled on my fellow Skyblock mates. Applying for a staff role means these pranking habits need to come to an end. Even though they are all jokes and have not led to any bans or mutes being issued to me, it is a bad look for a potential staff and I understand these types of actions are unacceptable.

Thank you for reading!
    Can't wait to read your thoughts:p

If you read this whole thing and made it here, I truly appreciate you for taking time out of your day to read my application for Staff.
    I hope I gained a Support from you;)

• Support Support x 4
    • No Support No Support x 4
    • Neutral Neutral x 2
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
  2. Reformations

Reformations Active Member

I've known you for a while and I think you'd be a great staff. You're active and very helpful which are good qualities for a staff to have. Good luck man!

3. alex : (

IGN:
    _iAlex
    Thanks!

4. OmarsCraft

OmarsCraft Active Member

I fully support!
    Alex is a great person amongst the Skyblock/Economy community and is as helpful as anyone else in the community. Alex is a very kind outgoing person and is completely drama free, goes out of his way to help others, active in chat, and does everything he can to make sure everyone has a great experience on the Skyblock/Economy server. From what I know he has never broken any rules and I don't see him doing so in the future :D he's an amazing and truthful guy that'll never do anything that would get him banned or muted. I think _iAlex would be a great Staff Member and would help the community out a lot!
    I wish you the best of luck Alex! :D

5. alex : (

IGN:
    _iAlex
    Thanks! I love you!

6. KingJonSnow

KingJonSnow Moderator Moderator

IGN:
    KingJonSnow
    You are one of the most active people on the server and quite knowledgeable when it comes to skyblock. I support this application and I wish you the best as you help people on the server.

7. eunice

eunice epiphany Premium

8. archerexpert777

archerexpert777 Senior Member

IGN:
    simparch777
    alex,

I like you as a friend, player, trader and as a sugardaddy. For now I will go neutral with the only reason being you should help out more and not be afk as much. I'll leave the issues aside for now until I can make my decision. Good luck alex :heart: :)

9. alex : (

IGN:
    _iAlex
    Fixed! Apologize about that.

Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2021
  10. eunice

eunice epiphany Premium

It's great that you have gone through the thread. Now that you have, you should know that:

For the reasons mentioned above, I have no choice but to deny this application.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.