Accepted 1stMidnight Flying Machine Bossyy

Discussion in 'Appeals Archive' started by 1stMidnight, Nov 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1stMidnight

1stMidnight Active Member

• Punished account name: 1stMidnight
    • Platform or server punished on: Skyblock.net, economy
    • Ban message if applicable: Building flying machines on your island
    • Have you read the rules? Yes, many, many times.
    • Do you think this punishment was incorrect? Yes and no
    • Why should you be unbanned? As I write this, I am assuming my elevator got me banned. If it wasn't that, I don't know why I was banned. I don't understand the reason though. I know how many problems flying machines can cause by flying in to other islands, so I didn't think that building a vertical, enclosed flying machine that is manually operated would be a problem. I assumed the rule only applied to flying machines that could escape an island or were causing mass lag, neither of which the elevators did. Also, I have had it on my island for 2 months. 2 months. Multiple other staff members have seen it.
    • Please list any other times you were punished on Skyblock: Once for fly hacks (appealed and unbanned), and once for death threats (appealed and unbanned)
    • If you know, tag the staff member that banned you: Bossyy / BossGamer
    • Do you understand and accept our rules and code of conduct? Yes

2. Megan

Megan Experienced Member Premium

IGN:
    Meggann
  3. Bossgamer

Bossgamer Super Moderator Super Moderator

IGN:
    Bossyy
    Hi Midnight, thanks for appealing.
    (thanks Megan for the tag aswell)

You’re correct it was to do with the elevator, and whilst I understand that it was vertical and it couldn’t break island boundaries, it is clearly stated in the rules that punishment regards to flying machines isn’t affected by whether or not they damage any property. As you know, flying machines pose a huge problem to surrounding islands, and although yours is vertical, we cannot make exceptions depending on how they are built. Possessing flying machines is illegal, as stated in the rules.

Regards you stating that multiple staff members have seen it, the flying machines are very subtle and not advertised as flying machines, obviously. So it’s very easy to miss, however that doesn’t excuse you from it.

Please reread the rule that explains griefing and especially the bit explaining flying machines. Once you’ve done that get back to me here and confirm that you have read and understand the rules. Thank you for your patience.

If you have any queries about the rule, please say so and I will try my best to answer and explain it to you.

4. 1stMidnight

1stMidnight Active Member

I confirm I have read the rules. I was aware of the rule, I just thought the rule had exceptions. Sorry about that.

5. Bossgamer

Bossgamer Super Moderator Super Moderator

IGN:
    Bossyy
    No problem, I'm glad you understand.

Thank you for creating an appeal, your appeal has been accepted!
    Please make sure that you read our rules here before continuing on as normal!
    Thread closed and moved to Appeals Archive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.